Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, yesterday was a pretty good day in Vietnam. The wife of the pastor from my Church here, who is actually a pastor herself showed up at the house unannounced. But it was a blessing because she understands English as well as Vietnamese. And she talked with us for a while and helped us iron out some of the problems we were having in our relationship. We are trying to get Chin to advance in her relationship with Christ since she is a relatively new believer. So that went really well and I was happy that the pastor came to the house. Later in the day we got information that someone will buy one of the pieces of land that we have for sale. We have had it for sale for some time and no one has really had the money to buy it. In Vietnam right now the banks are not lending money to people to buy land for whatever reason. And the banks here can raise the interest rate on the current loan at any time. So that's not good. But we sold a big chunk of land for a sizeable amount of money. Now I have one more piece of land to sell before I build a new house on the other piece of land that I own here.

So, yesterday was a pretty good day in Vietnam. The wife of the pastor from my Church here, who is actually a pastor herself showed up at the house unannounced. But it was a blessing because she understands English as well as Vietnamese. And she talked with us for a while and helped us iron out some of the problems we were having in our relationship. We are trying to get Chin to advance in her relationship with Christ since she is a relatively new believer. So that went really well and I was happy that the pastor came to the house. Later in the day we got information that someone will buy one of the pieces of land that we have for sale. We have had it for sale for some time and no one has really had the money to buy it. In Vietnam right now the banks are not lending money to people to buy land for whatever reason. And the banks here can raise the interest rate on the current loan at any time. So that's not good. But we sold a big chunk of land for a sizeable amount of money. Now I have one more piece of land to sell before I build a new house on the other piece of land that I own here.
Congratulations

Just curious, what’s the cost per acre roughly over there

Just curious, what’s the cost per acre roughly over there
Land is sold by the square meter here in Vietnam. The piece of land that I just sold is about 500 m². But 500 m² of land in Vietnam is pretty expensive compared to land in America. Bought the land 2 years ago before they built the road for 1 million dong per square meter. Sold it for 2.5 million dong per square meter yesterday.

I just looked at the math. 500 square meters is roughly 1/8 of an acre. Yes so land is expensive here in Vietnam. But if you buy it in the right place you can double or triple your money pretty quickly. To build a house is relatively inexpensive because the material is not expensive here and the labor is very inexpensive.

Land is sold by the square meter here in Vietnam. The piece of land that I just sold is about 500 m². But 500 m² of land in Vietnam is pretty expensive compared to land in America. Bought the land 2 years ago before they built the road for 1 million dong per square meter. Sold it for 2.5 million dong per square meter yesterday.
Atta boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes gif.gif

I just looked at the math. 500 square meters is roughly 1/8 of an acre. Yes so land is expensive here in Vietnam. But if you buy it in the right place you can double or triple your money pretty quickly. To build a house is relatively inexpensive because the material is not expensive here and the labor is very inexpensive.
Are you saying "cheap date"? :poke: :poke: :lol:

Wait, I forgot to multiply it by square meters . So 53,000 usd. Nice return mitch

Are you trying to say that the person that I sold that land to for roughly $500,000 American for 1/8 of an acre is cheap??? Lol
Lol no, I was trying to figure out where my math was wrong at. I knew it wasn’t that cheap. So I knew my math had to be off

At Mama's house making a visit. The place is still under construction. I have respect for this guy doing the walls properly before they tile them. Meanwhile we brought crabs and some other food to Mama's house they cooked it. Yes I know how to pick my own crab. But I prefer she do it and feed it to me by hand. Lol.
PXL_20230106_051702766.jpg

IMG_20230106_143610.jpg

Last edited:
Day four of commissioned school security team training in Little Rock. At end of day i will drive four hours home only to return Sunday night to get ready for two days of range qualifying for the group. They have to qualify exact same protocol as LEOs utilizing B27 target. Then I will get a break and our trauma guys will teach first responder stuff. I am ready, my brain is mush. It is hard for me to be “on” this many days in a row. today is a grind day as it is all admin, discussing Ark law, deescalation, shoot no shoot etc. Super dry material but absolutely necessary. Just a quick drive by as I am about to hit the road For class. Have fun and congrats Mitch on flipping the property.

Day four of commissioned school security team training in Little Rock. At end of day i will drive four hours home only to return Sunday night to get ready for two days of range qualifying for the group. They have to qualify exact same protocol as LEOs utilizing B27 target. Then I will get a break and our trauma guys will teach first responder stuff. I am ready, my brain is mush. It is hard for me to be “on” this many days in a row. today is a grind day as it is all admin, discussing Ark law, deescalation, shoot no shoot etc. Super dry material but absolutely necessary. Just a quick drive by as I am about to hit the road For class. Have fun and congrats Mitch on flipping the property.
Yeah, I'll bet your brain is mush, tough being "on the stump" like that but sounds very worthwhile to those getting the info!

Winding it down. Nice work John. Be safe out there

-
Back