Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Those springs are extremely fragile and easily damaged. They also do not remake those. They will be a ***** to find.

I reshaped the one on the Park cable. That works now. Some careful manipulation and it went well on that end. I do think this is just rotated as you can see the straight portion on the left of the shaft should be over the top. Unfortunately, just like the parking pawl connection, it's the only part of the process that has no clear images or drawings in the TMM or even in the Motors manual.

Last edited:
I reshaped the one on the Park cable. That works now. Some careful manipulation and it went well on that end. I do think this is just rotated as you can see the straight portion on the left of the shaft should be over the top. Unfortunately, just like the parking pawl connection, it's the only part of the process that has no clear images or drawings in the TMM or even in the Motors manual.
I’ll see if I can find the post on FBBO where a guy shared a detailed picture of that from his rebuild. It’s a tech bulletin

I’ll see if I can find the post on FBBO where a guy shared a detailed picture of that from his rebuild. It’s a tech bulletin
Thanks

Yes, I'm on the road now so I don't have my references handy, but I have the exploded view of the full connection so when I get back around to it I'm going to double check that teh kickdown is not holding the rooster comb out of position as well as verifying that the cable is properly locked. I only had reverse (full forward advance on the rooster comb) so my guess is that the cable tip is not locked in to draw the comb back into neutral

There is another dead 904 thread that came up recently. Sounds like fried clutches and time for a rebuild but I want specific references and I don't have access to my books. The simple push-button fault check in the 1969 Motors Manual is a handy way to start...then getting into external pressure checks to chase down the source short of pulling the transmission.

There is another dead 904 thread that came up recently. Sounds like fried clutches and time for a rebuild but I want specific references and I don't have access to my books. The simple push-button fault check in the 1969 Motors Manual is a handy way to start...then getting into external pressure checks to chase down the source short of pulling the transmission.
So what exactly is yours doing?

Only has reverse...in fact it starts and as soon as you take the park off it goes into reverse. I only messed with it for a few minutes after the install and haven't had a chance to get back at it.
Sounds like mine. Mine the cables were out of adjustment. But I know you just did yours.

Sounds like mine. Mine the cables were out of adjustment. But I know you just did yours.
Yes, all new cables and new trans so I expected some time to adjust. Park cable was easy-peasy... (had that sucker apart so many times before) Just need to invest the time and I'm sure it'll shake out. The transmission is a brand new build.

Ah crap. Just got word one of our Mopar club members passed away of Leukemia.

For sale, Turbo Honda!!
8ywWER&tn=Rond1NPNh4pFP_da&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.jpg

Overcast or not, went to a nearby launch vantage point. At 0+ 10:00 I give up and went for coffee :lol: Elon's pit crew didn't like the weather either and moved the green flag to tomorrow at 08:15 :lol:

:popcorn:

Interesting thread (not "interesting" but "interesting" ) over in Slant 6 land. Looks like the OP deleted the actual original post after delivering an extravaganza of Red Xs to all respondents.
:rolleyes:

Yes, all new cables and new trans so I expected some time to adjust. Park cable was easy-peasy... (had that sucker apart so many times before) Just need to invest the time and I'm sure it'll shake out. The transmission is a brand new build.
So I was reading some in the old pushbutton forum, some posters saying that using a stick to hold down the pushbuttons, held them in too far and would behave similarly to yours. Not sure how that’s possible

-
Back