Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I've been building my own engines since I was 18 years old. The early ones didn't turn out so great. Lol
Sounds like my first years doing body work and chopping a top on an old truck. It was a bit off and to much bondo. lol

I've been building my own engines since I was 18 years old. The early ones didn't turn out so great. Lol
Actually that is incorrect. I'm getting so old I forget things. When I was 15 years old my father had a 64 MG 1100 he brought home from Austria. Had a transverse mounted four cylinder and four speed. The engine needed to be rebuilt. I told Dad I thought I could do it. He bought the service manual for the car and told me to read it front to back and he would let me do it. So I did. I did take the block in the crank and the Pistons to the machine shop for service. But I did assemble the engine and install it in the car. But it didn't run. Couldn't figure out why. Finally found out that I had the distributor stabbed in 180° out. Lol. Ran for many years after that until my younger brother wrecked it. Lol

I distinctly recall having no idea how to replace inner fenders, and basically replace all the support sheet metal on the front of my Demon. Next thing I knew Fred showed up with a pocket full of treats for Hemi. An empty glass, which i promptly filled up. And the patience to watch me muddle thru rebuilding the front of the car. He sat in the shop and drank all my whiskey, directed me with only a smattering of mirth while I slaved like a dog! Hah! Thanks again Fred!
Had a good time Buddy watching you work hard I think I even started to sweat watching you welding in the inner fenders.
I know Hemi was happy as she and I ate treats and drank all your booze.
That was a fun time for sure.

Actually that is incorrect. I'm getting so old I forget things. When I was 15 years old my father had a 64 MG 1100 he brought home from Austria. Had a transverse mounted four cylinder and four speed. The engine needed to be rebuilt. I told Dad I thought I could do it. He bought the service manual for the car and told me to read it front to back and he would let me do it. So I did. I did take the block in the crank and the Pistons to the machine shop for service. But I did assemble the engine and install it in the car. But it didn't run. Couldn't figure out why. Finally found out that I had the distributor stabbed in 180° out. Lol. Ran for many years after that until my younger brother wrecked it. Lol
I like your dad sounds like a good one.

I like your dad sounds like a good one.
Yeah I wish he was still with us. He was only retired from the United States Air Force for 15 years before he contracted cancer of the lungs and died at age 56 in 1989. They determined that his cancer originated in his lungs due to his exposure to Agent Orange, while he served in Vietnam between 1968 and 1969. R.I.P Dad. Sure miss you...

Yeah I wish he was still with us. He was only retired from the United States Air Force for 15 years before he contracted cancer of the lungs and died at age 56 in 1989. They determined that his cancer originated in his lungs due to his exposure to Agent Orange, while he served in Vietnam between 1968 and 1969. R.I.P Dad. Sure miss you...
Sorry Mitch he was way to young.

So, I went over to the property I have in section 3 of the city where we are going to build the new house. Some of you may remember that I had it all fenced in and had a gate put on the front to enter. Well one of the neighbors called us and told us somebody stole the gate. Just petty crime, but crime nonetheless. Lol
PXL_20230219_071644198.jpg

PXL_20230321_022928147.jpg

PXL_20230321_022941458.jpg

So, I went over to the property I have in section 3 of the city where we are going to build the new house. Some of you may remember that I had it all fenced in and had a gate put on the front to enter. Well one of the neighbors called us and told us somebody stole the gate. Just petty crime, but crime nonetheless. Lol
View attachment 1716066667

View attachment 1716066668
Frickin' theves.

Good morning, yep!! Where ever you go in the world there will be a thief, Mikie has cought a few in my life time and prest charges to the fullest, my honda Hawk 400 was stolen, never cought him, but did get my bike back 5 months later, stripped of all good parts. I was 19 at the time, so now I have a plan if a thief wants anything I own, I would fill everyone in but it would take a half a page to say :lol:

Good morning, yep!! Where ever you go in the world there will be a thief, Mikie has cought a few in my life time and prest charges to the fullest, my honda Hawk 400 was stolen, never cought him, but did get my bike back 5 months later, stripped of all good parts. I was 19 at the time, so now I have a plan if a thief wants anything I own, I would fill everyone in but it would take a half a page to say :lol:
You're up early Mike. Me too. Sinuses are all stuffed up. It feels like I am catching a cold. Haven't had one for years.

You're up early Mike. Me too. Sinuses are all stuffed up. It feels like I am catching a cold. Haven't had one for years.
Well, I have been up at this time for the last week, my head hits the pillow at 8pm, I get my 7 hours and get up to make me feel better, its been working too.
No 1- wash pillow cases every day.
No 2- hot steaming shower, bring salt shaker with you, grab a wash cloth, get it wet,, shake a bunch of salt on it and breathe in threw it with your nose, do it twice, then start your day.
Just me, and it works if there is an enfection, if there ain't, it doesn't hurt you at all.

-
Back