Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Thirty Three Thursday!
hrdp_1006_05_o-1933_plymouth_coupe-sideshot.jpg

Good morning :D

So there's another party here tonight. Here's the guy setting up the karaoke, I don't think OSHA would be pleased. He's got all this 220 volt stuff right next to the swimming pool. Lol But......... This is Vietnam
View attachment 1716067499
Even here I don't think OSHA has any say in that unless he is part of a bigger company. If it ain't really stable looking you should move him back...

A few times over the years at cold storage we had food trucks showing up regularly. I think it actually started when contractors were on site doing an addition. But with more employees added after that some kept coming back. Not like most of the food trucks now that only have a handful menu items. These guys had a lot of different foods. Breakfast, dinner, whatever... Some of it was really good, but I don't see any way they were making all that different stuff fresh daily. Always stick with stuff that has good turnover. We did get at least one 'Roach Coach' that people would only buy prepackaged stuff from. LOL But they didn't stick around long not making sales.

Yeah... "food trucks " today are a completely different thing from years ago...

A few times over the years at cold storage we had food trucks showing up regularly. I think it actually started when contractors were on site doing an addition. But with more employees added after that some kept coming back. Not like most of the food trucks now that only have a handful menu items. These guys had a lot of different foods. Breakfast, dinner, whatever... Some of it was really good, but I don't see any way they were making all that different stuff fresh daily. Always stick with stuff that has good turnover. We did get at least one 'Roach Coach' that people would only buy prepackaged stuff from. LOL But they didn't stick around long not making sales.
Talk about doughnuts and food trucks. Here's a tasty treet from a local truck. Mini doughnuts with maple syrup, crumbled bacon and a drizzle of frosting!

doughnuts2.jpg

doughnuts.jpg

The rain is giving us the weekend off :lol:. Since The Winternationals return next weekend to Pomona the possibility of rain will probly be in the mix also :lol:

There’s a Mexican taco trunk that visits the Army base I’m assigned too during the summer months. Extremely clean and very good food. The lady that runs that, is a cleaning fanatic. Her family also runs a restaurant in town and she’s in there all the time making the workers scrub things. Their stainless pans are more reflective than a mirror.

The part I always liked is, you order say a taco or anything they have, they’re cutting the lettuce and other veggies right in front of you while the meat cooks. It’s all fresh. Take a while to get your food from the truck that way. Almost as much time as when you’re in their restaurant. But it’s cheap and very good.

Now I want a taco damn it

Even here I don't think OSHA has any say in that unless he is part of a bigger company. If it ain't really stable looking you should move him back...
Used to be 25 employees but not sure what it is today. It also depends on the industry

There’s a Mexican taco trunk that visits the Army base I’m assigned too during the summer months. Extremely clean and very good food. The lady that runs that, is a cleaning fanatic. Her family also runs a restaurant in town and she’s in there all the time making the workers scrub things. Their stainless pans are more reflective than a mirror.

The part I always liked is, you order say a taco or anything they have, they’re cutting the lettuce and other veggies right in front of you while the meat cooks. It’s all fresh. Take a while to get your food from the truck that way. Almost as much time as when you’re in their restaurant. But it’s cheap and very good.

Now I want a taco damn it
Taco....Thursday???

Talk about doughnuts and food trucks. Here's a tasty treet from a local truck. Mini doughnuts with maple syrup, crumbled bacon and a drizzle of frosting!

View attachment 1716067545

View attachment 1716067546
And I have allegedly seen said truck every year at the track for The Annual Mopar Maxx event TMMs crew puts on in Cedar Falls/Rapids. I can never remember which it is, but I do remember those minis! And of course sipping some Glen Fargo waaaaaay before noon!

-
Back