Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think the honeymoon was Maui and Kaua'i. Lahaina had a great beer drinkin' spot, open patio on the second story overlooking the harbor :D . The inter-island flights cracked me up :rofl: reminded me of a bus ride in Mexico I took. Lots of happy islanders with their small livestock and all their groceries :rofl:
When we were stationed on Oahu we took the Roberts overnighters to Kauai and the Big Island saving Maui for "later in life", like it the best, stay in Kihea but run up to Lahaina too

2c91d2c65a89f257e97da258312a96fe.jpg

@Tooljunkie
And many more

I guess not as weird as seeing ghosts like some of you. But I will admit I didn't know about this. Today is baby Ryan's one month birthday. Apparently this is a thing in Vietnam all the time. They always celebrate the first month of birth for babies. I think the issue is that Vietnamese people are very superstitious. Just look at this spread.
PXL_20230609_123847281.jpg

I guess not as weird as seeing ghosts like some of you. But I will admit I didn't know about this. Today is baby Ryan's one month birthday. Apparently this is a thing in Vietnam all the time. They always celebrate the first month of birth for babies. I think the issue is that Vietnamese people are very superstitious. Just look at this spread.
View attachment 1716100316
Or they just like to party :lol:

A co-worker from long ago was working for a contractor that had a job in Hawaii. He got sent over there to run a portable aggregate crushing plant. All of his crew were islanders and they all insisted that they kalua a pig before the started the plant to ward off the evil spirits. Jesse told them " :wtf: get the plant running." He told me every bad thing that can happen to a rock plant happened for the first week :lol: "OK go get the backhoe and dig a pit for the pig." No problems after that :rofl:
polynesian-cultural-center-3-x3_orig.jpg

So far, moved trailers and mowed where they were parked. Fixed safety chains on the flat deck trailer. Got weed trimmer out, fill with gas, replace strings and test run. Kimmie wants to do the trimming. And made a coffee

I'm just here to gather intel.
Must be like pickin blueberries in a potato field.
What's the weirdest thing you ever experienced?

Mine was when I was working for a company that sandblasted. We were taking the lead paint off the walls that was in a mental institution (Creedmoor) In NY. Wel it was getting toward dusk and we had to shut the lights off and lock it up. Well we did then we go out to the truck and see light from a upper room window. Ok A few of us went up their creepy place to start with so always went in twos. These candles are set upin a pentagram lit. Ok weird, in what we called a strong room with a serious metal door on it. Blow them out, lock the door and leave. No one is supposed to be in the building but us. Go out to the truck hear a freaking screeching metal sound and look up the window is glowing again. OK WTF! Go up the door is bent in half Alost and the candles are re lit. Call security and just get the hell out of there. Most of us refused to go back and finish that job. Really freaking weird especially in a mental institute!
F'k that!

Good Morning.

Fun stuff this morning. Ghosts, Aliens,,, I think we need to look into Ghosts of ancient aliens!
Nd9GcQdYlLMXkcRgQ7TjlGcygapAvLJtJbCofnK0A&usqp=CAU.jpg

Well It was supposed to be good morning C\_/
That went south with one phone call. I called for my friend Jimmy Ricard at Three Rs trim shop. His son Chris said Jimmy passed away from a massive heart attack back in January. JUST DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT , I hate when this happens. I had already knew I would start our chat with "how you doin' buddy?" (as we are all getting older). I never liked to call someone only when I needed something but yeah, that was the root cause of my call this morning. Instead, I learned that I missed my chance to pay last respects to a heck of great guy and friend.
Like so many others, gone but not forgotten.
Thanks for reading and do try to have a great Friday and weekend. Sincerely, Ben

Thank you Mr UPS man! Maybe I will get at some repairs this weekend. Had adhesion problems in a few areas on the Duster between paint layers and between filler and metal.

IMG_4244.jpeg

Last edited:
Ya,so wanted to clean shop. Nope. Organizing toolbox in quonset, cleaning benches. Getting organized to work on projects i can walk away from. Benches need to be modified so i can move them with pallet jack. Have to patch an air tank, for extra capacity. On the fence about that one.

-
Back