Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'm not a mechanic more of a half assed throw parts together kinda guy. I'm guessing your thinking the cam wore out past it's hardening?
Yeah it’s a solid flat tappet factory so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Yeah it’s a solid flat tappet factory so it wouldn’t surprise me.
I'm not real good as I said but guessing ran low on oil at some point and over heated the engine?
Guess the best thing at this point is total rebuild or find another used lower end.
I have to count on you guys to leed me in the right direction when it comes to engines and glad your all here.

I'm not real good as I said but guessing ran low on oil at some point and over heated the engine?
Guess the best thing at this point is total rebuild or find another used lower end.
I have to count on you guys to leed me in the right direction when it comes to engines and glad you’re all here.
Not to my knowledge well kind of, when the head gasket let go, wasn’t no oil left in it

Looks like another sleepless night, dammit all. At least I don't have much to do tomorrow.

you ok Rob?
I guess. I gotta get on the roof tomorrow and get half a pine tree off it then survey any damage. No leaks at least. Yet. I ain't got no business on a ladder much less on the roof, but I don't have anybody local to help and I sure as heck ain't lettin Kitty get up there.

I guess. I gotta get on the roof tomorrow and get half a pine tree off it then survey any damage. No leaks at least. Yet. I ain't got no business on a ladder much less on the roof, but I don't have anybody local to help and I sure as heck ain't lettin Kitty get up there.
I was wondering how much of the tree got ya.

I was wondering how much of the tree got ya.
It was rotten, so it was lighter than a live one, but it's still pretty big. It didn't bend the overhang, so we may have dodged a bullet. I'll see tomorrow. Wish me luck, because I don't do well with heights.

It took out Kitty's clothesline so she's kinda upset. lol One more thing to fix. Ha!

Morning Rob and Steve...

Sorry about the roof damage.... I had some wind damage a few months back. Fortunately just lost a few shingles. Had a spare bundle, so patched it up myself.

Seriously slow every thing needs to be dried and re cleaned. No idea how it all got so damp. Going to take a month or so for sure non stop. Man JD is a big PIA. The pulley sheaves are 1/2" not 5/8. Old ones the part that slips over the spline is worn out so 3 more needed. two weeks at least to get them. Lesson learned just buy JD hard parts for now on.

-
Back