Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The ol' Swinger is ready for the parade tomorrow.

For Hudson Days Parade.jpg

For Hudson Days Parade.jpg2.jpg

And my run was successful today. 2 cases for myself and friends and a Unobtanium bottle from last year. (brown label) That made the whole trip worth it.

Limousin grimes pick2.jpg

Limousin grimes pick3.jpg

Limousin 1st Grimes pick.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. Like all hobby cars it's a work in progress. I bought it as a restore while driving during the nice weather.
Last winter was a setback due to health issues.
It was nice to jump in it an do the run to Carlise and back .
That being said, it took more out of me then the car.
I really shouldn't have gone but that's another story.
I'm tempted to let it go and call it a day. I really haven't been myself lately.
Maybe I just need to dial it back and take a break for awhile.
Hang in there Ray. Take a break. Get healthy. It will be there when you're ready. And we will too.

Dogwood!?

Chop one of the straight pieces about 3" dia. into long wedge.
Use a long piece and cut both ends into wedges. Then saw in half.
Now you have two gluts to free an iron wedge if it gets stuck when splittin' long and big stuff.

Coat the ends so it dries real real slow.
Huh? Removing a spruce stump. I do have a wood wedge, but I think I made it our of oak.

Huh? Removing a spruce stump. I do have a wood wedge, but I think I made it our of oak.
Hah! Got me!
In the photo the bark on the stump looked like it could have been dogwood.
Spruce. eh, Well good for making beer.

Dogwood can be finshed real smooth and is resistant to splitting.

Of course drivers honk there horns at everything. Well we're in our room and unusual amounts of horns honking. Look out window and there is a guy pulling a hot dog wagon trying to make a u turn in the middle of the block. Not being able to blocking all lanes. As far as I could see. Freaking funny
Sounds just like Downtown Saigon or Hanoi..... :lol:

Soo... LCAs together and some fun lessons learned... like if you hammer the pin into the bushing without supporting the backside you are actually just hammering the inner sleeve out of the bushing.. fun times :)

Hah! Got me!
In the photo the bark on the stump looked like it could have been dogwood.
Spruce. eh, Well good for making beer.

Dogwood can be finshed real smooth and is resistant to splitting.
This is the only one I know. Pretty good stuff

IMG_4687.jpeg

Yep.

Recap, my 99 Cummins, 178k on the clock, blew a head gasket in December. But no glitter in the oil, compression and leak down was fine. No noises or knocking. Finally got all the new parts and **** in this week, got it back

Fired her up, bled the injector and she started making one hell of a noise. Popping, misfiring, rattling.

At first I thought with new injectors that might just be air, but when I checked the oil, full of shiny glitter.

Yep.

Recap, my 99 Cummins, 178k on the clock, blew a head gasket in December. But no glitter in the oil, compression and leak down was fine. No noises or knocking. Finally got all the new parts and **** in this week, got it back

Fired her up, bled the injector and she started making one hell of a noise. Popping, misfiring, rattling.

At first I thought with new injectors that might just be air, but when I checked the oil, full of shiny glitter.
That sucks :( you put a lot of work into saving it also...

Yep.

**** sorry to hear that Chris Thought it was all in the head not the bottom end.

-
Back