CS 3.jpg

CS 4.jpg

CS 5.jpg

CS 6.jpg

CS 7.jpg

CS 10.jpg

CS 8.jpg

CS 1.jpg

Today I learned that having a reproduction window sticker really gets people looking and talking about the car. The one I made turned out to be one of the best things I did. Folks also really liked the one that showed the original equipment and modified equipment. The two pieces really worked well together and got tons of comments and discussions.

Since I was parked next to a General Lee clone, it was hard to keep people looking at my car...but once they saw the window sticker, they were drawn to it like a moth to a flame. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's really cool! I bet it works really well for cooking too!
Lot of group cooking on these, hunting lease, fishing trips, camping... one of my favorites, sausage, cabbage, onions, bell peppers and jalepenos.. stir fried on bacon grease.. delicious.. and sure to cure any constipation issues...

Lot of group cooking on these, hunting lease, fishing trips, camping... one of my favorites, sausage, cabbage, onions, bell peppers and jalepenos.. stir fried on bacon grease.. delicious.. and sure to cure any constipation issues...

That sounds delicious...and explosive!

Good thing it's well lubed for a speedy exit. I bet beer adds to the escape velocity too!

After a couple of beers and reflecting on the car show today, I have to say it was almost like some of you folks were there with me (of course, Keith actually was for a bit, which really blew my mind).

I thought and talked about Rick when a guy and his 20 yr old son came by and we started chatting about the kid's '73 Dart Sport. No kidding, the pics he showed me looked almost exactly like that first render I did for Rick right down to the color and hood scoops.

Same for Tike when a guy started talking about his '74 Sea Mist Green Dart and showed me pics of it.

The best was when a couple of guys were telling me that they thought my GTS was probably the biggest sleeper in the state and I said "No, the Popmobile is." and told them all about Hoppy's car and showed them pics. They were in awe!

I even chatted about Rani and Wolfie in the course of a few conversations too. Topics were Dart part interchangeability and modern Mopar drive trains in vintage cars.

I also turned all of them on to FABO so maybe they will be showing up here sometime in the future.

All in all, a great day!

what you are talking about is exactly what happens all the time when you daily drive a mopar.

People often wonder how I am so good at finding cars...........most of the time the cars find me because everywhere I go people like to tell me how their neighbor's uncles dogs' brother had a car exactly like mine except with a 440 hemi :realcrazy:

I have to DD a mopar because they are the only wheels I have ...my newest car now is a 75......I guess I could run out and buy a new car, but WHY :p

I have had to listen to a lot of stories that account for time that I will never get back, but a lot of times people will start talking and mention where they saw one that looks "exactly like my car". Some leads are goose chases but a lot of leads have turned up good cars and some were under my nose and I never realized it until that grocery store parking lot chat pointed me in the right direction.

Yep ones, fives, and tens. All mixed up. Rubber banded in a zip bag Inside another bag filled with blue Smurf blood and frozen solid. The bag had a leak all the money was soaked. LOL. ONLY HOPS.
Wasn't sure what was up with the wet $. Had to back read to find this. I thought there was a wet thirty contest and Wolfie won! Lol

My daughter just surprised me a few minutes ago with a new tin sign for the garage. She apparently bought it for me when she and my wife were over at the Swap Meet booths. The young lady has good taste in Mopars!

attachment.php

This was done by a buddy's son. His sister wanted to tell everyone what the next baby was going to be. It was a girl born 3 weeks ago.

what you are talking about is exactly what happens all the time when you daily drive a mopar.

People often wonder how I am so good at finding cars...........most of the time the cars find me because everywhere I go people like to tell me how their neighbor's uncles dogs' brother had a car exactly like mine except with a 440 hemi :realcrazy:

I have to DD a mopar because they are the only wheels I have ...my newest car now is a 75......I guess I could run out and buy a new car, but WHY :p

I have had to listen to a lot of stories that account for time that I will never get back, but a lot of times people will start talking and mention where they saw one that looks "exactly like my car". Some leads are goose chases but a lot of leads have turned up good cars and some were under my nose and I never realized it until that grocery store parking lot chat pointed me in the right direction.

Yep. I had a good one today when a guy told me his friend has a '69 GTS for sale with all the original paperwork from the original owner. He said it looks just like mine but gold. He also said it has a big block and only has 40k original miles. He said it was in the same condition as mine and the guy wants $20k for it.

I told him that sounded like it was probably over priced, but I gave him my contact info and said I'd look at it and see if it was something I might be interested in. :rolleyes:

Hey Ben Ricky...Yep the guy showed up and being a chevy guy he was fascinated about Abodies only...lift day and I told him about the Taneright and he said his son Ethan did one for his sister. That was 5 pounds of Taneright

Drove the 4x4 they were sitting on 8 inches into the ground and had all the neighbors calling.

Hey there Brother Dave. Looks like you had a good show. How did you place?

I didn't get judged. When I registered they said "You need a fire extinguisher to be judged". I said I don't have one and none of the ads said one was required. When I called, no one said I needed one. The lady looked at me and said, "No problem, we can sell you one!".

I stared back and said "Umm, no. I'm just here for fun anyway. Just stamp my card as a no judge."

Then later I heard them calling on the loudspeaker looking for volunteers to Judge, no experience necessary.

Any trophy awarded would have just been a joke, so I decided just to enjoy the showing and talking to spectators.

-
Back