Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
how would you verify a carb rebuild kit is the right one ......rock auto shows STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS 676A

but they don't specify carb numbers to verify what this kit is exact fit to.
They usually cover a lot of different ones. Just gotta find it on the list of carbs that kit works for. Lots of extra parts, but I guess that's cheaper than them making specific kits for every carb.

Good Morning

They usually cover a lot of different ones. Just gotta find it on the list of carbs that kit works for. Lots of extra parts, but I guess that's cheaper than them making specific kits for every carb.

Good Morning
Good morning Keith!

@Mr Gorsky ....your avatar reminds me of one of my old avatars of my car on ice.

I see yours is a 72 with 70/1 hood scoops, is it a demon or swinger?

It's a Demon. Bought it a few weeks ago.

A youngish fellow purchased it new from Stanley Dodge in National City CA, he shuffled off this mortal coil in the early 90's. His wife drove it for a few years until it broke down....and she left it on the side of the road. Towed to a salvage yard, it was then auctioned off. The new owner rotisserie restored it and loved it like his child, but sold it when he fell on hard times.

Owner #3 in Redondo Beach used it as a semi-regular daily driver, and sold it on a whim to me at this years Spring Fling. I'm new to A bodies, but I'm now here for the long haul :)

Hops did you get the message I left on your phone about how to lower the right side.

No I did not, having other issues right now with the motor, did you have three phase in the shop? The label says two phase? Weird only has two wires from it. I had to walk away yesterdat from it.

Good morning folks. And welcome Mr. Gorsky. I'm thinking about taking up golf.
golfpartner.jpg

Two phase. I can't hang this morning. Put a jack under the right side add the lift arms then see if it will lower.if not add more weigh on the arms. I wouldn't do it the way we talked on the phone.

I am definitely going to get it lower before I run it. Prob pull the slack to the other arm as much as I can it is coiled up on the right side for sure.

Speaking of TQ:s, is there any reason to get one in stead of the Carter AFB 750 I already have? I can get one for cheap.

750 is kind of big that's what I have on the 440 Anders is it going to breathe ?

750 is kind of big that's what I have on the 440 Anders is it going to breathe ?
I know, Ray, everywhere I look that is the general opinion. That's why I got the Holley 600 (that I ended up selling) in the first place.

It came with the car though, and I like it for some reason. The design seems more intelligent, to be honest. At least when it comes to adjusting it. Re-jetting a Holley seems like a major PITA.

I like the afb's myself take the lid off and it is all there and one two three jet and rod changes are done, there are a ton of jets/rods for anything you need even different size accelerator pump nozzles also.

I probably would be better off with a 625 one, though. When I tested the 600 before selling it, I did get a feeling the throttle response was better.

I have never actually driven the car, mind you. With either carb.

-
Back