Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, got as much done as I could today. Transmission is about ready... got the kickdown seal replaced, new filter an cleaned off the ancient fix-a-gasket that was gooped on everywhere.

Have to let the park housing soak in some PB Blaster overnight. The drain plug is torqued in there really tight.

Fluid was clear and free of debris.. filter looked like it could've been re-used.

20240317_151739.jpg

20240317_174304.jpg

20240317_211405.jpg

20240317_211414.jpg

20240317_211422.jpg

Talk bout Torqueflites, back in tech school we had a speed test for our final grade. Disassemble and re-assemble a transmission against the clock. I don't remember how long it took but I broke the old record by a few min. I wouldn't have a clue nowdays! :lol: :lol:

Talk bout Torqueflites, back in tech school we had a speed test for our final grade. Disassemble and re-assemble a transmission against the clock. I don't remember how long it took but I broke the old record by a few min. I wouldn't have a clue nowdays! :lol: :lol:

I have a story similar to that regarding parachutes

:rolleyes:

I've been to Uncle Sam's grave up in New York...

You'll tell fond stories once it's past.
Yeah that’s the problem right now. Part of me is ready to be done part of me isn’t. Been doing this my entire adult life. And if you count the JRotc and Civil Air Patrol, I’ve been doing this since I was 12. My body is screaming stop, my brain says keep going. My kids are entering their most active part of their youths, kind of tired of them missing out. Hell I don’t know. I’ve got 15 months left to my 20, but under contract for 27 months yet.

Yeah that’s the problem right now. Part of me is ready to be done part of me isn’t. Been doing this my entire adult life. And if you count the JRotc and Civil Air Patrol, I’ve been doing this since I was 12. My body is screaming stop, my brain says keep going. My kids are entering their most active part of their youths, kind of tired of them missing out. Hell I don’t know. I’ve got 15 months left to my 20, but under contract for 27 months yet.
When you're done, you're done. No reason to not run it to the end. It doesn't suck as much as you think. You can do 7 months standing on your head In a bucket of water

When you're done, you're done. No reason to not run it to the end. It doesn't suck as much as you think. You can do 7 months standing on your head In a bucket of water
lol so are you saying stay or go haha

lol so are you saying stay or go haha

Here is a "no-****" story.

While out doing some exceptionally stupid ****... one of the other students who was out there with me (who becomes a buddy of mine) goes down a mountainside and breaks his tib-fib....totally trashed Overseer comes to him and asks him if he wants to withdraw..... He says "No"... Overseer asks if he can continue, he says "No". This cycle repeats several times.... Finally the OC breaks protocol and says "You can come back"... so he gets med-evaced.

Quitting is not an option :p

Do the $$$ math. The logic will kick in and make up your mind.

While out doing some exceptionally stupid ****... one of the other students who was out there with me (who becomes a buddy of mine) goes down a mountainside and breaks his tib-fib....totally trashed Overseer comes to him and asks him if he wants to withdraw..... He says "No"... Overseer asks if he can continue, he says "No". This cycle repeats several times.... Finally the OC breaks protocol and says "You can come back"... so he gets med-evaced.

Should I stay or should I go? If I stay there will be trouble, if I go it will be double. In my best Clash voice!

Do the $$$ math. The logic will kick in and make up your mind.
Only thing that changes is tricare coverage. That’s the only thing that has me wanting to stay. But if the VA claim goes through that’ll be a moot point.

Haven’t quit yet. Even when they told me too a decade ago haha. What I should have done was listen to Hoppy and transferred to the Air Guard.

-
Back