Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Did you sharpen it??? we can get sharpening stones that you attach to a drill and it will sharpen the blade... I use one every time I mow as I have alot of hazards in my yard that keep dulling my blade....
Nah, I never bother. I always venture into the rough, trying to expand my territory so I keep hitting rocks. Besides, the grass gets cut regardless of how sharp the blades are.
Remember, this is a 3-cyl, 24 hp diesel powered 72" deck Toro Groundsmaster. A golf fairway machine. Or maybe rough, I don't play golf so I wouldn't know. Maybe they cut the fairway with a Reelmaster.
It's a rugged machine and I've got a few acres to cut.

Nah, I never bother. I always venture into the rough, trying to expand my territory so I keep hitting rocks. Besides, the grass gets cut regardless of how sharp the blades are.
Remember, this is a 3-cyl, 24 hp diesel powered 72" deck Toro Groundsmaster. A golf fairway machine. Or maybe rough, I don't play golf so I wouldn't know. Maybe they cut the fairway with a Reelmaster.
It's a rugged machine and I've got a few acres to cut.
Sharpen the blades? You should do that? I have not since i got machine, about ten years! Still cut ok. I guess:lol:

Hey Tim.
Gave up mowing. The thing keeps dying every two-three minutes. Fuel issue, probably. Either it's sucking air or there is something obstructing the flow.
I'll look at it tomorrow. Right now I've got a couple of lamb chops in the skillet. :thumbsup:

I'm headed out for more fluids. Dang head cold came back Monday. This time I'm beating it with complete rest, alka seltzer plus and lots of juice. Feel much better today, but it's really boring.

Hey Tim.
Gave up mowing. The thing keeps dying every two-three minutes. Fuel issue, probably. Either it's sucking air or there is something obstructing the flow.
I'll look at it tomorrow. Right now I've got a couple of lamb chops in the skillet. :thumbsup:
I ran these blades for three years, I think. Worked just fine.
When you buy them they've got rectangular ends.
image.jpeg

Good evening peeps. Just taking it easy on this windy Wed. Had a couple hot dogs and now enjoying a brew. Might wander out to the car shortly. Maybe organize the mess I've got going in the garage from the last several times working on the car.
Just beat the grass into submission. ..
I sharpen my blades occasionally. Hasn't been an occasion for a while. I've seen different ideas on blade sharpening. If your only interested in maintain the hight of the lawn, it doesn't matter much. If you want the perfect green lawn a sharp blade cuts clean and does not result in much brown on the ends of the grass (or weeds if you are in my yard). Personally I like knowing that I am not destroying a perfect edged blade as I cruise over roots, sticks, sometimes a rock or whatever else landed in my yard...

Last edited:
Good evening everyone. Just home after a 2 hour commute. The Phillies game let out just as I was leaving work at the Navy Yard Corporate Center right next door to the Stadium. Add to that the downed trees and wires around the City from the storms earlier today and it was a complete mess.

I used to sharpen my mower blades but after I got my riding mower back in Cincinnati it was too much of a pain to remove the double mulching blades to sharpen them and I used it without sharpening the blades for 7+ years and the lawn always looked great...

Cicadas 006.jpg

Sup guys. I put a new blade on the mower every two years. That's sharp enough for me! But i do use a whiskey stone to keep my mind sharp...

I've never been the sharpest knife in the box.
Not worth it. The sharpest knife gets used and abused and soon becomes a piss poor screwdriver. On the other hand, us dull knives with great handles get used over and over and over... good to have a nice handle...

It seems to be.. keeps that rapier-like wit razor sharp. At least in my mind... but what do I know? I'm about 4 drinks into it tonight already.. i might be absolutely hilarious by 8:30!

I'm 3 beers in and I'm feeling absolutely funny now....or is that looking funny?

Wait, what?

-
Back