Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey on the half full side it is running! The reverse light thing has me baffled, I think I got Jegged! Wiring is fine the switch is new and bench checked. Has to be the wrong "pawl" in the trans maybe from a 904? No idea ready to pull the bulbs for the easy fix for now.
I think the reverse lights switch is on the column or the floor shifter. Depending. Not in the Trans.

If its a 727 its in the trans on the NSS.

Word of advice, be prepared for a flood of fluid if you pull out the NSS. I found out the hard way.

Been there done that Keith had the diagrams, everything was good to go but the lights were coming on in drive. Funny thing the trans came with a three wire switch also! Time to ***** to jeggs again about it. Even made sure they knew it when I ordered it. I gave one to tike in a box of stuff. He just needed a tailshaft. Figures. Yes there is a quart or so that come out of there! I was ready for it though!

NSSwitches.jpg
Bet it is not the third one in it!

I never new they were different, that hot rod article I just stumbled upon. Surprised it still starts in p and N! No other switch in the starting circuit that I know of sure wont start with the plug pulled.

I did find out by sheer chance there are two different length three prong switches though not by much thought I had it licked, weird it even worked for a bit.

Now that I read that article, Im going to have to look when I pull my pan to replace the gasket. The middle one just looks so familiar.

Speaking of transmissions.. I got mail! Thanks Anders
Wonder how many countries these have been in?

2016-06-13 19.57.03.jpg

And stamps! And his DNA licking it! We can make a American clone of him so the parts are cheaper!!!!!!

Sounds good but give it more initial. It labors...it doesn't sound happy.
I agree. I like to start at 10-12° advance initial and dial it in from there. Sometimes (depending on build) I will start at 15-18° initial advance. At least I know it will always run there and give me a running engine to dial in.

I also pre-adjust the idle mixture screws to 3 full turns out from bottom on each side as a starting idle mixture to keep the fuel mixture balanced enough to get the timing dialed in before I go back and adjust the idle mixture.

Glad he is sleeping now, he will have a bunch of quotes on this in the am.

Chris you pregnant?

-
Back