Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good evening folks! I finally got all the organization of the small parts done in the Dart Cave today...91 small drawers and 18 large drawers sorted and labeled.

organization 5.jpg

Plenty of extra drawers left for future accumulation of stuff too! 37 small drawers and 6 large drawers in reserve.

you over that whooping cough?
Pretty much. My daughter had it the worst and while the antibiotics took care of it, the nasty cough still persists and gets just a little better each day.

It's why they call Pertussis the 100 day cough.

I also got the stuff on the GTS done today. The rear brakes needed adjustment (was getting a shoe rattle on the RR), dialed up the torsion bars to get rid of the slight tire rub on the LF and figured out where the last of the oil leak was coming from and sealed it up (I hope). Letting the Permatex cure overnight and then I will give her a good long shake down run tomorrow and see if it's all fixed.

The torsion bar adjustment was interesting. The RF was sitting about 1/4" lower than the LF to start. It took 3 full turns to get the RF to raise the 1.5" I was after, but only 1 full turn on the LF to hit the same mark. Now both sides are level.

I will see after the run tomorrow if they stay that way.

I am itching to get out on the road with mine.. still got some brake work to do - also the front grill and support are still off - essentially "little stuff" - but as you know, it all takes time

I wear it well too - - you should hear that Scamp run man - maybe it's just because it's been a while since I last heard it run well, I got it pretty well dialed in today (idle in park anyway) - but I swear it seems like it's got more oomph than it had before...

I wear it well too - - you should hear that Scamp run man - maybe it's just because it's been a while since I last heard it run well, I got it pretty well dialed in today (idle in park anyway) - but I swear it seems like it's got more oomph than it had before...
It probably does. You have a tighter street build now where before it was a track build that probably didn't really get tight until you were over 4000 rpm. Track builds are usually really sloppy at lower rpm.

It probably does. You have a tighter street build now where before it was a track build that probably didn't really get tight until you were over 4000 rpm. Track builds are usually really sloppy at lower rpm.
I really think it was over carbed too - the 750 seems like it's going to be a good fit..

oddly - it STILL doesn't do well at all with the choke hooked up - flip it open, jam a tool in there and away it goes..

I really think it was over carbed too - the 750 seems like it's going to be a good fit..
I think you are right. The 750 should be just perfect for what you are doing with it. Also the AirGap intake should make a big difference too.

oddly - it STILL doesn't do well at all with the choke hooked up - flip it open, jam a tool in there and away it goes..
You probably have it too tight, back it off so it's loose and just barely closed when cold. That way the airflow can push it open a bit while it's warming up and it will open up quicker as it heats up.

I think you are right. The 750 should be just perfect for what you are doing with it. Also the AirGap intake should make a big difference too.
I think it's that intake that is making it seem more responsive.. I am pretty jacked up about the thing (intake and car!)

Also, double check your idle mixture and make sure both sides are set the same. You may be running a rich idle and it's loading up on fuel...worse when the choke is closed.

You probably have it too tight, back it off so it's loose and just barely closed when cold. That way the airflow can push it open a bit while it's warming up and it will open up quicker as it heats up.
yea - I haven't had to adjust a choke for quiet some time..

-
Back