Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
nah - I ignored that - I was checking the weather on weather.com and they have a story... then I remembered you had mentioned it
yeah. thats a massive fire, they got an inch of rain over night and it didn't help.... pigeon forge is next according to the scanners. been listening all morning. I love that area. We were actually gonna buy a small cabin there back in 2012. 2 bed room, 1300 sq fter just west of Pigeon Forge. But we decided to stay in Indiana. Kind of glad we did as it looks like that mountain is on fire too from the maps.

Very sad for the people around Gatlinburg. It's unusual for the area to have a severe drought. The summer I was 17 I went to work at Ober Gatlinburg, I didn't know anyone but a family took me in. The people are very down to earth there. I wasn't used to driving mountain roads and I smashed my Maverick one rainy night. They fixed my car good enough so I could drive it. That was the year Elvis died.

Very sad for the people around Gatlinburg. It's unusual for the area to have a severe drought. The summer I was 17 I went to work at Ober Gatlinburg, I didn't know anyone but a family took me in. The people are very down to earth there. I wasn't used to driving mountain roads and I smashed my Maverick one rainy night. They fixed my car good enough so I could drive it. That was the year Elvis died.
oh wow. thats a unique story for sure. I loved that area and enjoyed all the 4x4 trails through the mountains. Never did get to see a bear though

still eatin' it!!! that's right - Thanksgiving leftovers!!!!
turkey1.jpg

so my co-worker asked me a question that got me to thinking....if you only had say 3 hours to evac your town and house, what would you do first?

seriously though, I don't think i'd know where to start. Thats gonna change

I worked there in 1977, here it is in the early '80's...it was fun.

...and here is the "original" restaurant that was my first job. All my buddies were busboys there, we had a blast...

I worked there in 1977, here it is in the early '80's...it was fun.

...and here is the "original" restaurant that was my first job. All my buddies were busboys there, we had a blast...

that's cool

-
Back