Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think I mentioned it before, all junkyards have a common database you can search online. They charge roughly half the price of a new unit. You can find anything for new-ish cars.

Never had one, but workin in Bodyshops I would run from them and VW's.
How come? VW:s are pretty reliable. And the statistics for the 2010 and up A4 is great when it comes the faults on the first annual inspection which is done after three years.

Don't ask me how Chrysler does in that rating ...

why VW's?

Different kind of engineering. Never did enough to really be familiar with them. Asymetrical frame rails and you need a good shop with the proper equipment to measure them. They have some specialty fasteners that are specific to them. Inverted torx, 12 point torx. To give an example(some) to do a radiator you pull the loaded bolt on core support loose.

How come? VW:s are pretty reliable. And the statistics for the 2010 and up A4 is great when it comes the faults on the first annual inspection which is done after three years.

Don't ask me how Chrysler does in that rating ...
People that have them love them. I just never liked working on the crashed ones lol

People that have them love them. I just never liked working on the crashed ones lol
I hear ya! Over here the VAG sellers were the only ones who could service and repair them without voiding the factory warranty until a few years ago. They made TONS of money. Now I get service on this A4 for about half of what them bastids charge.

it's like the difference between a Duster and a Dart Sport - essentially the same car - but one is a Dodge and one is a Plymouth

-
Back