Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Very cool projects you get knocked out in a few hours, Ben.

Funny I was thinking about all the things my Dad made and built over the years, I can't remember them all, sometimes one will pop into my head like the time he got interested in making pottery, so he ordered a bearing and built himself a potter's wheel, he made me a cookie jar as a graduation present and he made a bunch of other ceramics he sold at craft fairs, until he got interested in something else.

This might be interesting...the aerospace company in Sarasota where he worked as an engineer wasn't getting many contracts in the '70's, and they had a very expensive machine shop, so they had my Dad cultivate other types of work for the company. South of town was a company that made fingernail clippers, and my Dad designed and built them a machine to assemble them faster than could be done by hand. I remember being impressed by the pneumatic operation and the hoppers of parts that were fed into chutes by vibration, and how Dad worked thru getting it to run flawlessly. Not long after it was delivered, a wave of Vietnamese immigrants came over. These ladies could assemble the clippers faster then my Dad's machine! So there it went presumably into a corner of the plant. Fast forward 20+ years, my Dad had been in Georgia for years, and was interviewing a "gal Friday" as he called her, come to find out, she once worked at a company in Tennessee that made fingernail clippers, and my Dad's machine had ended up there. Small world.[/QUOTE
That's a great story.

Mmmmm...yum!

IMG_0200.JPG

Can you use it to alter state, for instance, setting a valve to open? As opposed to read out values only?
Those scanners do just a few bidirectional functions. Like energize a EFE vent solenoid or shut off injectors on a few diesel models. If the manufacturers would allow it, the scanner makers would include it.

I had a near death experience yesterday. I borrowed a moto from one of Alex's relatives last week, So I been using it some. Yesterday I took a 40k trip down to Can Tho to meet some friends for lunch. On the way back, I was cruising around 45 kph , Right behind a guy on a moto , with a huge sack of corn. I mean , this bag had to weigh 125 lbs. 45 kph, I'm two bike lengths behind him. Yup.... his load falls off right in front of me. I was actually . just a little on the left, behind him. So when the bag came off, from his left side, I assumed it would continue, to bounce left. So I swerve to the right, to try and miss the bag. He also hits his breaks instinctively. Well, I cant't avoid the bag, and I run over the right side of it. Well with the combination of the bag trowing my moto to the right, and him hitting his brakes, I end up into him on his left side. Mind you this is all happening at speed. I scraped along side of him for what seemed like forever, But I was able to steer left of him, without losing control of my Moto. I continued on, I saw him stop, obviously to get his rice bag, which was split open on the road. I bet you couldn't have driven an Ice pick up myt a44hole, with a sledgehammer, right about then. In hindsight, I realize that it could have been much,much worse. I arrived back in Vinh Long safely. Goin out for another ride today. Love Adventure.
Ow. That could have gone a LOT worse for sure. Glad you're ok.

Those scanners do just a few bidirectional functions. Like energize a EFE vent solenoid or shut off injectors on a few diesel models. If the manufacturers would allow it, the scanner makers would include it.
Morning, Mike!

That's exactly the function I was after. To bleed the ABS unit I need to open and close the valves.

I would have to check that function. The scanner has absolutely but I don't know if it does that. The EFE vent is a fuel vapor solenoid.

I had a near death experience yesterday. I borrowed a moto from one of Alex's relatives last week, So I been using it some. Yesterday I took a 40k trip down to Can Tho to meet some friends for lunch. On the way back, I was cruising around 45 kph , Right behind a guy on a moto , with a huge sack of corn. I mean , this bag had to weigh 125 lbs. 45 kph, I'm two bike lengths behind him. Yup.... his load falls off right in front of me. I was actually . just a little on the left, behind him. So when the bag came off, from his left side, I assumed it would continue, to bounce left. So I swerve to the right, to try and miss the bag. He also hits his breaks instinctively. Well, I cant't avoid the bag, and I run over the right side of it. Well with the combination of the bag trowing my moto to the right, and him hitting his brakes, I end up into him on his left side. Mind you this is all happening at speed. I scraped along side of him for what seemed like forever, But I was able to steer left of him, without losing control of my Moto. I continued on, I saw him stop, obviously to get his rice bag, which was split open on the road. I bet you couldn't have driven an Ice pick up myt a44hole, with a sledgehammer, right about then. In hindsight, I realize that it could have been much,much worse. I arrived back in Vinh Long safely. Goin out for another ride today. Love Adventure.
Rur roh! Glad your ok bud!

Hey Anders! We have to stop meeting like this so early or people will talk!

cold and rainy all day here, have to pick up some more sun paint and a few other errands then who knows what? My body is still on daylight savings time kind of sucks.

It is great in the summer! Used to really hate it when I was working, rush home like a maniac during deer season and get a half hour in the woods next to me.

Mornin, Gents! Woke up an hour early again. Oh well. You guys every stop opening your bills? I have a stack here from United Healthcare and decided not to ruin my weekend. Maybe I will let them sit here until I get my paycheck...

Man, we dodged 3 confirmed tornadoes last night. All with 9 miles or closer

-
Back