Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Instead of dumpings, southern buttermilk biscuits.

IMG_1013.JPG

Is Pillsbury from the South? :poke:

Minnesota I think and that's good enough for me! But not long ago I learned how to make these biscuits you don't have to mess with rolling them out, they stay tender and fluffy and very easy to make.

Minnesota I think and that's good enough for me! But not long ago I learned how to make these biscuits you don't have to mess with rolling them out, they stay tender and fluffy and very easy to make.
Sounds like drop biscuits.

Sounds like drop biscuits.

Yep Dave pretty much but a little different technique, you spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup inside and out, use it to scoop each biscuit and drop into a shallow pan of flour so there's enough flour on the dough to where you can gently shape the biscuit in your hand, put each one in the baking pan and brush with butter.

Tornados are so cool to watch. I hate the destruction though.

Yep Dave pretty much but a little different technique, you spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup inside and out, use it to scoop each biscuit and drop into a shallow pan of flour so there's enough flour on the dough to where you can gently shape the biscuit in your hand, put each one in the baking pan and brush with butter.
My mom used to do something similar by buttering her hands and then pulling out dough and shaping it before putting it on the pan. She would do rounds, crescents and long skinny ones depending on what she was serving them with. The longs were always for New England fish chowder.

Last edited:
Tornados are so cool to watch. I hate the destruction though.
I've seen enough of them to never want to see another one again. After one picked my car up a few feet off the ground while on the highway before slamming me back down was the last one I ever care to experience.

My neighbor survived a EF5 in the cooler of a restaurant. I saw the mayhem a few hours later. Eerie. It took the whole grocery store but left a shelf with boxes and cans still on the shelf.

My neighbor survived a EF5 in the cooler of a restaurant. I saw the mayhem a few hours later. Eerie. It took the whole grocery store but left a shelf eith boxes and cans still on the shelf.
Remind me and once my power is back, I'll get on my desktop and load all the pics from the F4 I survived that ripped thru the base I was stationed on at the time

Back in Cincinnati we had an EF 4/5 roll through the industrial area 1/4 mile from my work. 18" steel beams were twisted up like pretzels and all the buildings were obliterated.

That was Dan's Toyota. Good thing he got out. There was a 2x4 jammed through the back of the cab and through the drivers seat. Dan hasn't been the same since. It changed him. The damn thing started and ran though.

This is what the high school 500 yards from work looked like after that tornado...

IMG_0197.JPG

-
Back