Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I sharpen my bits on the bench grinder. My magnifier/light set just right. Still a difficult thing.
I used my small grinder for lathe bits set at 10 degrees and it worked quite well.
Its in my other garage. So freehand is what i do now. Getting the rake right and making the leads the same length is critical.
Take 2 3/8” nuts and hold them together at the flats.this produces a perfect reference for your point and angle.
Larger bits, bigger nuts.

Oh yeah, stainless is tough to drill. I had a full set of bits made just for SS back when I was modifying Pharmaceutical equipment in the machine shop at work. Even then, too fast and too much pressure and the bit is instant toast.
Very difficult with a hand cordless hand drill. Best with a drill press...

If I knew what you were talking about, it would be helpful. Posting about it in the correct place wouldn't be a bad idea either, like the Website Questions and Suggestions ----

Or you could post it here and then I'll only see it if someone else takes the time to call my attention to it...
It basically is freezing and stalling bad. Kicks you out every so often and you have to log in, which it's slow to do after it kicks you . At least that's the issues I've been having. I've cleared cache and cookies and am using the new secure URL but still having the issue

Well, I am aware of some issues, none of which would make you close your browser and restart all the time....
I've had it freeze up and actually crash my browser a couple times. It's done it both mobile and laptop

Very difficult with a hand cordless hand drill. Best with a drill press...
Yep. I once had to hand drill 144 3/8” holes in 1/8” 316 SS trays using a cordless drill. That was 144 holes in each of 5 trays. It took me over a week and half dozen bits to complete it.

Anyone see the photo of the Mexican Blackhawk crash? Killed 13 people on the ground. Looks like the rotors sliced one vehicle in half from end to end.

10DA244D-2D6D-4058-9708-7FFB9329704D.jpeg

Ok all wise guys, I've had many pets die but this is the first with my two toddlers. Advice on explaining it to a 4 yr old and a 2yr old? Two yr okd wont understand but my daughter is fairly sharp

Yep. I once had to hand drill 144 3/8” holes in 1/8” 316 SS trays using a cordless drill. That was 144 holes in each of 5 trays. It took me over a week and half dozen bits to complete it.
Then after I drilled all those holes, had to rivet with stainless rivets! another PITA, my pneumatic rivet gun was almost over whelmed...

Ok all wise guys, I've had many pets die but this is the first with my two toddlers. Advice on explaining it to a 4 yr old and a 2yr old? Two yr okd wont understand but my daughter is fairly sharp
Honesty. It isn’t hard to do and everyone (even the very young) need to hear it. Stories get you nowhere.

any of you guys like watching Roadkill episodes ??

I recently discovered them and I am addicted :)
Once in a blue moon. Most I've seen are pretty amusing. The y were putting together a Lemons Fury, and people I know were fielding a lemons team, so that may have benn what got me watching. Its been a while. They had blog/forum for a while, I forget the name, then it changed names or something when Dave got a job back with one of the publishing companies. Anyway, I think the last Roadkill episode I watched was the Gremlin vs the Prius. That or the revived junkyard Barracuda.

It basically is freezing and stalling bad. Kicks you out every so often and you have to log in, which it's slow to do after it kicks you . At least that's the issues I've been having. I've cleared cache and cookies and am using the new secure URL but still having the issue

Just for the hell of it -- try this.

Go here: https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/account/preferences
uncheck the box next to Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages

-
Back