Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
the trim for the taillights, trunk bezel, the pot metal trim stuff, mainly from the polara.
OK; that's what I thought. Believe you mentioned it previous. I was lucky to find decent driver quality parts for Duster. Maybe someday I will experiment with my originals. If someone came up with a compound that would fill and shine even close to original, they could make a fortune. Probably near future replating will be unavailable because of chemicals. Getting close to that now.

OK; that's what I thought. Believe you mentioned it previous. I was lucky to find decent driver quality parts for Duster. Maybe someday I will experiment with my originals. If someone came up with a compound that would fill and shine even close to original, they could make a fortune. Probably near future replating will be unavailable because of chemicals. Getting close to that now.
yeah, theres a company in PA that's still doing it. They want 750-1200 to do a bumper. Which included straightening and such. I'd venture to guess to do this potmetal stuff and fill the pits etc would be 3-4 hundred for all the trim.

Muggyweld is the best stuff I found to repair pits in pot metal.

yeah, theres a company in PA that's still doing it. They want 750-1200 to do a bumper. Which included straightening and such. I'd venture to guess to do this potmetal stuff and fill the pits etc would be 3-4 hundred for all the trim.
Man you are dreaming again! I cost lots more to get the potmetal refinished then it did the bumpers! On Daves 66

Well ! everyone have a nice day out there ! time to get moving these old bones and get some fresh air, going out to the shop and set up my hood to prep for paint today :thankyou:, some of you may not know this but she was hit by lighning and it needs to be prepped

View attachment 1715163260

Your hood was hit by lightning????

nope. way more labor intensive because they are so fragile compared to a big piece of steel. More of an art to it. strip repair, reshape etc before they can plate.
I believe Leanna (cudachick) said she can powdercoat pot metal. She did some stuff that looked close to chrome. Might be an option, although I'm sure it ain't cheap. Lots of labor getting it prepped.

Back in the day we would take Oakum and use
It as a mold form to contain the broke pot metal parts .
We had an old German guy in the shop that worked on that stuff.
Melt them in the mold and reform them. Had a lot of success at that.

Back in the day we would take Oakum and use
It as a mold form to contain the broke pot metal parts .
We had an old German guy in the shop that worked on that stuff.
Melt them in the mold and reform them. Had a lot of success at that.
I suppose that would be similar to other metalwork techniques you guys used in the bronze age. :poke:

Would like to get me some muggyweld. Not available in canuckistan.pitty...

Called my customer about the oil leak. He’s thrilled.
“A lot better than what i was expecting to pay”
And same day he dropped it off.
New customer,bet he will be a repeat customer.

My grandfather would never throw anything away... :rolleyes:

He died in the war, holding onto a hand grenade....

Well. I’m booked in for getting my ‘06 Charger SRT swapped from a 3.06 BLD diff to a Getrag 3.92 LSD and 1000 hp axles. New aluminum 2 piece driveshaft too. Should make her a complete beast on the street with 28% quicker acceleration.

I’ve wanted to do this since I first bought the car. Only about a month until the appointment...

-
Back