Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey guys, miss me? :lol:
I was actually wondering where you went earlier today. Figured you’d turn up sooner or later.

Thought you were probably away someplace since you didn’t chime in on the engine discussion last night when I was talking about what you put in the ‘66 318.

I was actually wondering where you went earlier today. Figured you’d turn up sooner or later.

Thought you were probably away someplace since you didn’t chime in on the engine discussion last night when I was talking about what you put in the ‘66 318.
Link?

Got it thanks. A good cam choice with a mostly stock teener. IMO.
Dave, you can dial in more initial advance but need to recurve the Dist, it gets too much all in with the increased initial. Will run better. Was getting there...

Dave, you can dial in more initial advance but need to recurve the Dist, it gets too much all in with the increased initial. Will run better. Was getting there...
Hey, finally got around to opening up the carb, looks great. Thanks Tim. I may give you a call to help me set it up. It's been a while since I've tuned a Holley out of the box. I was in high school the last time lol

Hey, finally got around to opening up the carb, looks great. Thanks Tim. I may give you a call to help me set it up. It's been a while since I've tuned a Holley out of the box. I was in high school the last time lol
They do run pretty well out of the box.....IF you buy the right model! Not A 780DP on a stock teener....:lol:

So executive salary. Much different.
Well above my pay grade.
Cant imagine what you have to seal with on a daily basis.

I work alone. Yes,all by myself. Im keepin that way.

They do run pretty well out of the box.....IF you buy the right model! Not A 780DP on a stock teener....:lol:
But the magazine said bigger was better.
I'm looking at Quick Fuel 950 now 'cause that's even bigger and pumps fuel even quicker. A guy told me his friend who used to work in a racey shop explained that's why its called Quick Fuel.

But the magazine said bigger was better.
I'm looking at Quick Fuel 950 now 'cause that's even bigger and pumps fuel even quicker. A guy told me his friend who used to work in a racey shop explained that's why its called Quick Fuel.
:BangHead:

Just wait 'til Karl gets sees that post. Lots of opporTune itee there.
:lol:
Probably should have also written its for my slant six, and a poll on the forum agreed that it would wake the engine up. :rolleyes: :D

Good, just got back from a road trip. Posted above^^^^
I saw. That's pretty neat. Didn't know there was that kind of money in carnie land.

I made a road trip as well, checked out three junkyards I'd gotten tips might have old mopars in them but really all were a bust. nothing really older than early 80s. Got my welder fixed. Had to replace the motor for the wire feed. Then played with it all Saturday evening. Got a few things welded up. I need to post those pics in my build thread I suppose. Took apart one of the pushbuttons, lots of pics there. Oh an I got my masters course dissertation paper grade back, perfect score. Shocked to see that

Probably should have also written its for my slant six, and a poll on the forum agreed that it would wake the engine up. :rolleyes: :D
Can you tell me how to wire a switch to shut spark off to 4 cylinders so I can save on gas while I drive my 600 hp big block around downtown LA? :lol:

I feel better. The 600 eddy i got -i was afeered it was too big.

Time will tell.
Gotta get moving on trans.
Weekend trip got cancelled so i should be able to start on it.

Slid engine out of my truck,and took barracuda driveshaft out. Yup, thats what started the fire. May need to replace the u-joint. A lot of current passed through the yoke i think, from all the grease that pushed out.

Can you tell me how to wire a switch to shut spark off to 4 cylinders so I can save on gas while I drive my 600 hp big block around downtown LA? :lol:
Sure. Its real simple. You just find an GM 8-6-4 and just wire the control box into your ECU. :thumbsup:
:eek:
:D

So executive salary. Much different.
Well above my pay grade.
Cant imagine what you have to seal with on a daily basis.

I work alone. Yes,all by myself. Im keepin that way.
I started my working like as a sole proprietor of a custom auto upholstery business back in the early 80s. 6 years later, I had a half a dozen guys working for me. The seasonal nature of the business plus the carpal tunnel syndrome I was developing made me decide to give it up and work with my brain instead of my hands and back.

I can’t say I regret it, but I do miss being the only one in charge of my destiny.

I hated leaving what I had built, I was very good at what I did. This is one of the cars I did back then, a ‘56 Caddy custom interior total job from the carpet to the headliner...all made by me including the sewing. No aftermarket kits.

C162F20C-F7A5-4ECA-B941-AFF4147FA9A9.jpeg

-
Back