Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sold my 1981 Yamaha XT 250 yesterday to fund my new Trans install :thumbsup: Now my 64 GMC is on the lift at my friends shop, pulling the old trans and installing another, new TQ converter was $130.00 Hope to be back in my daily driver very soon

Man, my youngest son would have liked that... He's into those vintage enduros....

He's playing with a little 80 cc this week... Can't remember which brand, but it's pretty fast.... He was test riding it Thur...

Had to raise some cash, $600.00

View attachment 1715167440

@ValiantK360

Go back a page to see the original posts...

[QUOT="Rainy Day Auto, post: 1972062979, member: 23556"]Those only work if you have poin

Those only work if you have points. .... right?[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on what the meter reads...

The dwell meter will need points...

Volt and RPM meter does not...

I have a few of those old engine analyzers but I have not used them because I convert everything to electronic ignition.

All of mine are Sears brand because I used to have a thing for anything Sears.

Now, not so much, pretty much given up on Sears.

I am no longer buying Kenmore appliances in the house, Maytag is now the go to.
No more diehard after I had to warranty one and got a run around, so duralast now powers everything.

It's getting to where there is no point in walking into a Sears store anymore.

I have a few of those old engine analyzers but I have not used them because I convert everything to electronic ignition.

All of mine are Sears brand because I used to have a thing for anything Sears.

Now, not so much, pretty much given up on Sears.

I am no longer buying Kenmore appliances in the house, Maytag is now the go to.
No more diehard after I had to warranty one and got a run around, so duralast now powers everything.

It's getting to where there is no point in walking into a Sears store anymore.

They closed my Sears store near me... Now I will have to go to a couple other malls if I need anything from them....

They are also closing the last one inside the Chicago border in two months...

Sears is going out....

It's a shame, they used to be good back in the old days... Poor management has run it into the ground...

I still have a new proform electronic ignition kit that I still have to install on a 340.

Not sure how good those kits are but I will find out.

It's been sitting for over a month but I don't have time but I really want to try it out.

The distributor supposedly has a "high performance curve"

Matt autocross is cool love watching it. I'm into car show no one likes to sit in the rain for a car show.
MMike my SNL and 11 and 5 year old grandsons all dirt bike race, both indoors and outdoors. Its an expensive hobby, but its what they like to do as a family.

Sup.

Another Dave checkin in.
The wife is outside cleanin up her ragtop bemmer and she's expecting to see me out there helping.
The freakin pine pollen is so bad right now, I told her she's wasting her time.
That didn't go over very well..

Well all, looks like the Carlisle trip is.......................ON! BUT the wife wants to go with.....HMM.

Had to raise some cash, $600.00

View attachment 1715167440

That is a sweet XT250. I love those bikes and have three of them. The XT250's are super reliable and fun bikes to ride around town and take on trails.

Here is my lineup of XT's...the orange one is my daily rider.

20171111_154802.jpg

20180127_153417.jpg

AND she wants to change up MY plans........:BangHead: Part of being married...

My gf and I sat down the other day and had one of those four hour "relationship talks" where she does all the talking and I just sit there and listen... :BangHead:

I guess that's what they really mean when they say that you're "spoken for".... :rolleyes:

Well all, looks like the Carlisle trip is.......................ON! BUT the wife wants to go with.....HMM.
I 'cured' that issue when mine came with me to Carlisle the first time.. First of all, it musta been 90-95 deg, hung out with a bunch of 'friends', and waited till the hottest part of the day, and then went flea market browsing down ALL the lanes. Yep, cured that issue.. :mad:

I 'cured' that issue when mine came with me to Carlisle the first time.. First of all, it musta been 90-95 deg, hung out with a bunch of 'friends', and waited till the hottest part of the day, and then went flea market browsing down ALL the lanes. Yep, cured that issue.. :mad:
Still a while to dissuade her...

Still a while to dissuade her...
That's a long trip to find out. She like mopars? I mean, you did pick the 'right' kindda girl to marry, right? :)
Just sayin..:poke:

I shoulda practiced what I'm preaching.. :(

That's a long trip to find out. She like mopars? I mean, you did pick the 'right' kindda girl to marry, right? :)
Just sayin..:poke:

I shoulda practiced what I'm preaching.. :(
I will talk her out of the trip....

I will talk her out of the trip....
Show her the thong pic, and then tell her Hoppy will be hanging out with you for three days:D

Not to mention the one way 2,626 miles IF you drive.

Last edited:
-
Back