Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Something I have never dun was ice fishing, watched a bunch on utube and seen some cool portable fishing blinds, yep I have it on my list of to-do's :glasses7:

Well Mike, if you ever make it up this way again in the Winter I'll take you out. Im not guarenteeing you will catch a fish, but you might catch a cold! hahaha

I have some pictures on my home computer of our ice fishing trips for Lake Trout in Canada. We dont use shelters, just our snowmobiles to sit on. We have been out on the lake when it was -40*F and the wind was blowing so hard you couldnt see anything. Im sure it was -70 with the windchill. We couldnt feel anything but the fish sure where biting that day!

Around the house, I typically fish for Crappie's (panfish). Good eating!

I just did a order yesterday and it was in my inbox! DUHHH! That is one expensive switch! I am in cleanup mode right now selling all the stuff taking up room, then I go to the junkyard and come back with more! Vicious cycle it is. Those Ram ornaments go for good money for sure. Put one on ebay and had a bid in minutes and checked this morning 18 watches! This should be interesting.

I seem to go thru spurts buying from Rockauto. I havent gotten a discount code in awhile, so guess that means all is running well.

Same here but if I need stuff for the disk brake setups I get the seals, pistons and pads and rotors from them. I think I figured out a way to mount them on a 7 1/4 rear.

Well Mike, if you ever make it up this way again in the Winter I'll take you out. Im not guarenteeing you will catch a fish, but you might catch a cold! hahaha

I have some pictures on my home computer of our ice fishing trips for Lake Trout in Canada. We dont use shelters, just our snowmobiles to sit on. We have been out on the lake when it was -40*F and the wind was blowing so hard you couldnt see anything. Im sure it was -70 with the windchill. We couldnt feel anything but the fish sure where biting that day!

Around the house, I typically fish for Crappie's (panfish). Good eating!

My goodness thats cold !! I worked at a co-op unlouding trucks in -70 degrees in a snowmoble suit years ago, when I got home I found out the suit was leaking air in a couple places, looked like my wrist and neck was burned by a torch :glasses7:
Crappie is some of the best eating fish that I know off :color:

Are they the same as sunfish/bluegill? If so there are a bunch in the pond.

Good morning, I'm back, haha.

I saw where Stan had his stem cell transplant a couple days ago...if you go to any of his posts there's a link to the blog his daughter is keeping. He'll have some ups and downs so we can send prayers and positive thoughts his way.

The USMC graduation I attended was awesome. Besides going to the family-day picnic, I went to the ceremony and celebrated with the graduate's big family at a house-party. Another graduate and his father came along and we got to hear all about boot camp and provide them with some long-awaited good food and casual times, guitar-playing, etc.

Then I rode down to see my Mom and family in FL, we had a picnic with my siblings, kids had a treasure hunt and played bocce ball. My oldest childhood friend took me out on his boat, like we used to do as kids, and I spent the next afternoon with his 87 yr old Mom whom I've known my whole life too. Also had my fill of oysters, stone crab and beer! We went to a Christmas program at the community theater.

Some of you might remember my little brother was very sick two years ago when we had the picnic but now his Crohn's is under control and he's strong and healthy and back up to his normal weight again, you'd never even know how sick he was!

My sister stumbled onto a photo place where an old guy restored some photos we dropped off in the morning and he had them ready the same day! They are of the boat my Dad built, she headed up to see my Dad yesterday so she can post them on the cork board in his room at the nursing home.

I had NO idea what can be done to make old photos look better than new. And it's not even expensive...if you have old family photos, definitely find someone to fix them for you.

Welcome back Dave, you have been a busy fellow :glasses7::coffee2:

Dave you always have an awesome time. We did a few photos and they are awesome!

Thanks Ray...yes I'm very lucky for the people who have made a big difference in my life. I took a few pics of the ceremony, should have taken way more, when I get them uploaded I'll share them. Also the Marine Corps band was incredible. Funny but another thing that made me really happy was, I made some pimento cheese for the graduation party...after the grandmother put everything away, the other Marine said, hey, do you have any more that cheese?

Put one on ebay and had a bid in minutes and checked this morning 18 watches! This should be interesting.

I got a watch from some lesbian friends on my last birthday. They asked what present that I wanted, I guess they mis-understood when I said that, "I wanna watch...." :glasses7:

I got a watch from some lesbian friends on my last birthday. They asked what present that I wanted, I guess they mis-unerstood when I said that, "I wanna watch...." :glasses7:

Laughing out loud :D

Hope you are feeling better today Karl :glasses7:

-
Back