Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A question for the group.
A couple weeks ago I asked about the 67 recall steering wheel.
Toolmanmike provided some information about it. Not s much a recall but a change by Chrysler.
Since then I talked to another knowledgeable person.
He said it was a steering wheel provided at the dealer and people could actually change the wheel and other options at the dealership.
Said radios, tires, wheel covers, steering wheels were often changed at delivery at the customers request.
Funny I've asked MOPAR people about the wheel and they don't seem to know what I was talking about.
I was told this wheel was basically used in 67 ONLY for the Barracuda and GTX.
Anyone else know about it?? Is it really that rare??
Anyone remember them??

View attachment 1715206611
Not terribly rare, but most folks replaced them back them. There is some demand for them now.

When these cars were new and with the ultra soft power steering, it only took once getting a finger caught in the wheel spoke for people to have them replaced.

A question for the group.
A couple weeks ago I asked about the 67 recall steering wheel.
Toolmanmike provided some information about it. Not s much a recall but a change by Chrysler.
Since then I talked to another knowledgeable person.
He said it was a steering wheel provided at the dealer and people could actually change the wheel and other options at the dealership.
Said radios, tires, wheel covers, steering wheels were often changed at delivery at the customers request.
Funny I've asked MOPAR people about the wheel and they don't seem to know what I was talking about.
I was told this wheel was basically used in 67 ONLY for the Barracuda and GTX.
Anyone else know about it?? Is it really that rare??
Anyone remember them??

View attachment 1715206611
The ol' finger chopper! Anybody that has one thinks they're made of gold. they are cool, but not for the kind of cash they command..

I agree and say "why" why would you put time and money into that??
To each his own....I guess.

I certainly wouldn’t...especially not to make is some sort of road kill vehicle. I just don’t get the point.

Especially when you can buy a 440 powered coupe pretty much done for $15k...

Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale
simply put... cause I can. And it's no different than doing a slant 6 wagon. Or even a 4 door dart. Or even a slant 6 dart or duster.
Coupes and Hardtops are cool in their own right for sure. And if I had one, I'd be ecstatic. But I don't. Plus, it's rarer to see a 64 B body other than a sport fury at a cruise. Let alone a 4 dr land yacht

But I can have some cheap fun. And who knows, maybe one day, she'll get restore and turned into a nice family cruiser. Or she'll get parted out when I get bored with her. In the meantime, I'll have fun and learn more things that are unique to that year car.

I have a 2 door Dart for the cool and performance factor.

simply put... cause I can. And it's no different than doing a slant 6 wagon. Or even a 4 door dart. Or even a slant 6 dart or duster.
Coupes and Hardtops are cool in their own right for sure. And if I had one, I'd be ecstatic. But I don't. Plus, it's rarer to see a 64 B body other than a sport fury at a cruise. Let alone a 4 dr land yacht

But I can have some cheap fun. And who knows, maybe one day, she'll get restore and turned into a nice family cruiser. Or she'll get parted out when I get bored with her. In the meantime, I'll have fun and learn more things that are unique to that year car.

I have a 2 door Dart for the cool and performance factor.
You don’t need to justify your madness to anyone. But you aren’t going to convince us that it makes any sort of sense...because it doesn’t...to anyone but you.

Well I was just wondering. Many things in the MOPAR world, especially 1967, seems to be a mystery.
My car for example. A 67 Barracuda 383 Formula S convertible. One expert says 34 were produced, Galen Govier says nine. Who knows??
A friend who sells MOPAR parts for a living 35-40 shows a year said he'd seen one complete recall steering wheel in the last 10 years.
I have a recall wheel for my car, been to two National shows this year and haven't seen one yet on a car, or for sale.
Found a wheel only no horn pad or holder. Ranged from 1K to 1600.
I have just had a hard time finding information about them.
Bottom line, we just enjoy showing and sharing our car.

Last edited:
And to be 100 percent honest, until my daughter fell in love with the thing, the only thing I was gonna do was part it out. Only got it to help a buddy who needed money for a divorce lawyer after catching his then wife with another dude.

You don’t need to justify your madness to anyone. But you aren’t going to convince us that it makes any sort of sense...because it doesn’t...to anyone but you.
Not tying to. You guys think it's nuts. That's fine. It's your opinion. Maybe I'm nuts for doing it. Who cares. Wouldn't be the craziest thing I've done. There's far worst things I could blow money and time on, like hookers haha

And to be 100 percent honest, until my daughter fell in love with the thing, the only thing I was gonna do was part it out. Only got it to help a buddy who needed money for a divorce lawyer after catching his then wife with another dude.
And that makes all the difference....enjoy the ride they grow up fast!!

86A90D73-1B12-4011-BD47-5D2766C25C1D.jpeg

Left one. 59 regent.owner is 10 grand into it. It is not a showstopper by any sense.
But its what he wants. The car needs a ton of work,but he’s happy it just drives.

Not tying to. You guys think it's nuts. That's fine. It's your opinion. Maybe I'm nuts for doing it. Who cares. Wouldn't be the craziest thing I've done. There's far worst things I could blow money and time on, like hookers haha
Like I said, you don’t need to justify your madness to anyone.

Stop trying.

Anyone that thinks 4-door love is madness is crazy & ignorant.

Like a few other posts in this thread perhaps?

4-door group at 4-Door Mopar Drivers Only

I for one support your efforts, I have 4 four doors here so far! :)

Anyone that thinks 4-doors love is madness is crazy & ignorant.

Like a few other posts in this thread perhaps?

4-door group at 4-Door Mopar Drivers Only

I for one support your efforts, I have 4 four doors here so far! :)
It’s not about it being a 4 door. It’s about it being a piece of junk that is better served being parts for other 4 doors that deserved being saved.

It’s not about it being a 4 door. It’s about it being a piece of junk that is better served being parts for other 4 doors that deserved being saved.
Sure. That may be. But it's really in better shape than I thought it'd be being in that deep of mud.

You had me on your side until the hooker comment.
Maybe thats your problem.:poke:

Time for another vacation from this place.

I can understand buying a basket case if it's a car that parts are available for. But a car with little to no parts available doesn't make any sense.
I have a basket case 72 demon (the second one) but I hold on because almost everything to put it together is available. Might not be worth the money but at least the parts can be ordered and had with a good bank account.

If my 66 polara wasn't as solid as it is and wasn't as complete as it is, I would have passed because parts are no where for the car. You never know when spare parts are going to be needed. Any part of a car can be good today and junk tomorrow, and then what...........

-
Back