Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Might be a bad idea but I am into loc-tite these days.

Even on simple stuff.

It really helps with rattles and squeaks...

Which one should I use for exhaust studs in the heads?

View attachment 1715207652

I use that silver powder stop leak that you find in any parts stores, many of them have it at the counter/register...

It finds the leaks and plugs them when used properly... Pour about 1/*4 - 1/3 of the tube in the radiator when it's cold, then start the engine and have it run for 30 - 40 minutes for the stuff to work....

My buddy's high school son had a friend that had a monte carlo with about a 1/4" chunk of gasket missing from his water pump... I poured that in his radiator and we ran the engine for 40 minutes... We did that so he could get it home and change the gasket a day or two later... It sealed so well that he sold the car two weeks later and never changed the gasket and it stopped leaking... I could not believe that it worked on that big of a leak....

Might be a bad idea but I am into loc-tite these days.

Even on simple stuff.

It really helps with rattles and squeaks...

In some applications, the auto manufacturers get "dry" loctite on some of their threads... Like intake temp sensors and heater hose nipples... They come into the factory with dry loctite from the supplier and it seals when they get torqued...

So in regards to the duster I have already and in progress of putting together …

I have come to a point where I have to make a decision about the exhaust so I was looking around on jegs and I am thinking these will work

Magnaflow 19304: Manifold Front Exhaust Pipes Mopar B-Body 2.5'' Tubing | JEGS

I previously bought an exhaust kit from jegs that was designed to work with hooker headers....at the time I thought I was going with headers.

However I think headers are a pain because of the limited space so I bought some HP manifolds so now I need a way to connect the exhaust kit to the factory manifolds

Morning Ray...and everybody else.
Wasn't on much yesterday.
Saw Rani is wheeling and dealing....go, go, go!!!
What's up with Ray....his request??

Last edited:
No Idea on Ray only the shadow knows! I was down and out after the ubering yesterday and reading war and peace in the car for three hours. I was done when I got home slept for 17 hours!

She did its back a few pages not a bad looking car.
If I had the room I'd like to find one in that condition.
I'm going to need a new project.
I have five things for the car coming in the next couple days.
Nothing major, will have to do some plastic painting and put it on.
Taking the inner rear door panels I got at Carlisle out to the buddies shop.
He's going to do some plastic welding for me and repair a couple cracks.
The ones I have are nice, but these will be better once they are painted up.
I'll save the other pair, very hard to find a nice set.

I did, and they were painted my interior color. Came from a town in NY, just a few miles from where my car came from.
The interior color (B7) is one not used very often so I was surprised when I found them. Just need cleaned up and painted.

Might not be any metal left to weld anything too, like a cage, tubs.......
I've got pics somewhere of a 70 cuda drag car that the only thing let as far as inner metal wise was the frame with some braces here and there, no cage even. I'll see if I can find them. Unfortunately they are not digital which means they're in one of 7/8 shoe boxes of pics

Just for info..... Per Ray's request - he's been banned from the site.
wait, what the f over?

I have a neighbor that wants to give me a dragster frame from the 70's. To bad I don't have it in me any more to race it!

I have a neighbor that wants to give me a dragster frame from the 70's. To bad I don't have it in me any more to race it!
You could trade for this

IMG_5183.PNG

Plenty of them around here at the A/N surplus places. I would buy a duce and a half before that!

interesting any one ever hear of this before? On FBBO

Timing set one year ago, no ping. Just started pining the other day. Bad gas or accidentally put in 87/89 instead of premium....just a guess. Try pouring a gallon or two xylene or toluene in the tank. Use a funnel and watch your paint. Those paint thinners are 105/110 octane....and use one of those two, not just "any" paint thinner. If the ping goes way, then you've probably got low octane gas your last fill up.

-
Back