Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning All! Five hours of sleep and I'm up wondering......Why? It's Saturday, wish I could sleep in sometimes. Time to wake up with a cup of Joe!

I have a job to finish up in the shop,will save it for later in the day, as shop will be cool.
This morning i will work a little on the pole building before it gets too hot.
Yesterday was not bad,heavy smoke dimmed the sun.it was hot, but not as hot as it could have been. Today up into the 90’s.

We are strapping it for metal siding,almost 4000 square feet of metal to put up so today we are putting up diagonal braces to deal with wind load
Have to do something with the building or its going to fall down
I figured the strapping and siding will give it some life.all the original bracing is nailed and is loose from 40 years of wind wiggling it around.some new lumber and screws will secure it.
B6817E9C-4DE8-4BE3-B7D3-B451F35BE06B.jpeg

We fit 12-16 units in there for winter storage,seems like a good idea to help keep the snow off the boats and campers.
50x100 is a good size.was built to store hay for cattle 30/40 years ago.

So I just made a deal to buy a car that has a 66 318 Poly.....makes me regret a little that I didn't pay more attention when you guys were talking about 318 Poly's

Are they worth anything ??

I can for sure get it running but I am not sure I want to mess with it. Seems easier to remove and replace with a 383 or 440

Worth anything? No. Not unless it has the rare factory 4 barrel or even rarer factory dual quad intakes. They're expensive to rebuild, performance parts are fully custom made. They do share a bell housing pattern with an LA block so you can swap to a 360 easily.

Now they are one of the most durable Chrysler engines. The locks are beefy as heck, can be overbored .100 sometimes as much as .120. LA heads can be swapped ok with som pushrod clearance get and water port alignment work.

That said. A run of the mill 318 poly with a four barrel was rated at 275 hp and the dual quad was rated at 295. But they weigh has much as a big block 440.

Worth anything? No. Not unless it has the rare factory 4 barrel or even rarer factory dual quad intakes. They're expensive to rebuild, performance parts are fully custom made. They do share a bell housing pattern with an LA block so you can swap to a 360 easily.

Now they are one of the most durable Chrysler engines. The locks are beefy as heck, can be overbored .100 sometimes as much as .120. LA heads can be swapped ok with som pushrod clearance get and water port alignment work.

That said. A run of the mill 318 poly with a four barrel was rated at 275 hp and the dual quad was rated at 295. But they weigh has much as a big block 440.

so you are saying they are a good truck motor when you need some real weight in the front to balance a load out.

I run two poly 318’s They are good dependable engines and easy on gas. Not the best for performance

so you are saying they are a good truck motor when you need some real weight in the front to balance a load out.
Buddy had one in a 66 power wagon. It was unstoppable.
Low end was great.
Mind you it was geared and had a low first gear.

Maybe. They're a good daily driver engine. Durable and highly efficient, second only to the Hemi of that era. 93 percent hp/cube ratio.

The 340 was 80 percent
The 440 was 85

Going strictly by the factory numbers of course

if I can find an electronic ignition kit for a poly then I might run it and see what happens. It definitely is a good engine that will start and run. but has been sitting since 1997

Good Morning Everyone. Been up since 2am, work since 4.....

BC5C5148-D65F-4D1D-9D5A-261DC40ED65D.jpeg
This taken 10 minutes ago. Aparrently clear skies but you can see the haze. That smoke is from wildfires thousands of km’s away.
Alberta and bc. Im in eastern manitoba.

-
Back