Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nice the guy that bought the hubs is giving me a *** pain tip. That did suck getting them off, and of course with the chunk out of the drum one hub was a pia to press out it kept bending the drum!

Morning guys. Coffee's brewing but not done yet. I think it's time to boil the ol' girl out. It makes a lot of noise but not much gets done. I had to shut the a/c off last night. The condenser fan was making lots of unhappy noises. I oiled it the other day but that didn't last long I guess. I need to see if I can get new bearings for it or replace the darned thing. Today's project.

Morning guys. Coffee's brewing but not done yet. I think it's time to boil the ol' girl out. It makes a lot of noise but not much gets done. I had to shut the a/c off last night. The condenser fan was making lots of unhappy noises. I oiled it the other day but that didn't last long I guess. I need to see if I can get new bearings for it or replace the darned thing. Today's project.
Hey Mike....so Nationals apparently almost a washout??
Didn't sound like a happy place or time.

He was heading to Idaho to help his brother move a trailer. Said he'd be off line for a few days.

Hey Mike....so Nationals apparently almost a washout??
Didn't sound like a happy place or time.
The weather wasn't too bad. It rained late Friday and then a isolated shower Saturday a couple times. The worst part is there were a lot of parts vendors not there. They cut the car corral down to half size and mixed everything else up. Now that I went to Carlisle I might not go back to Columbus again. There is talk of the show moving because the contract with the drag strip is up and the drag strip has sold off some of the land to help them stay afloat.

I would remove it and replace it with a new one, they have these here for about $60.00 I believe , what tone unit is it Mike ??

I would remove it and replace it with a new one, they have these here for about $60.00 I believe , what tone unit is it Mike ??
I think 3 ton. I will take the tin work off and get a number off it this morning.

The weather wasn't too bad. It rained late Friday and then a isolated shower Saturday a couple times. The worst part is there were a lot of parts vendors not there. They cut the car corral down to half size and mixed everything else up. Now that I went to Carlisle I might not go back to Columbus again. There is talk of the show moving because the contract with the drag strip is up and the drag strip has sold off some of the land to help them stay afloat.
Part of me hopes they move it to Indy or even Kentucky Speedway. I doubt they fully close the event.

I think 3 ton. I will take the tin work off and get a number off it this morning.
Your best buy will be a universal condenser fan motor, I use to be a heat and air tech and changed out many, take the top grill off and remove the fan blade, the motor is attached to the grill on top so it will come off easy, it all unplugs from the top, so no need to remove the side panels bud :thumbsup:

Good morning, 8 hr drive yesterday, hit lots of rain, glad I did not take the Fury. Enterprise had an Impala, satellite radio helps pass the time. Smooth ride but you notice how its like sitting inside a capsule, the A pillar is close to your head, there's just not a lot of room. Mom says thanks for thinking of her. She's doing good, we are doing errands and small projects.

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

Your best buy will be a universal condenser fan motor, I use to be a heat and air tech and changed out many, take the top grill off and remove the fan blade, the motor is attached to the grill on top so it will come off easy, it all unplugs from the top, so no need to remove the side panels bud :thumbsup:
I have a old unit and if I remember the motor has a strap that goes around it. I'm sure I can find one if not in town I have a old customer that works at a electric motor shop. It might be a good excuse to take a road trip north! :steering::steering:

Thanks Mike, we are having coffee on the screened porch, rained hard last night so it is not scorching yet. Mom is shooing a little lizard away so it doesnt come inside.

So I've got some very bad news last night and early this morning. I don't want to go into details but it seems that my spring time plan of building a shop just got moved to this fall for circumstances beyond my control. Which sucks, I was roughly 1/2 way to saving for the cost anyway. So the bad news is, looks like I'll be sorting through my car and gun stuff, gonna have a fire sale so to speak, list some stuff I don't want too but have too to make up the cost i need to get the shop going. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

So I've got some very bad news last night and early this morning. I don't want to go into details but it seems that my spring time plan of building a shop just got moved to this fall for circumstances beyond my control. Which sucks, I was roughly 1/2 way to saving for the cost anyway. So the bad news is, looks like I'll be sorting through my car and gun stuff, gonna have a fire sale so to speak, list some stuff I don't want too but have too to make up the cost i need to get the shop going. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** happens, but you'll get through it.
Story of my life.
Good morning

Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah it does. but honestly, I probably should have built the shop years ago. It sucks more for other reasons. but enough of that, i was up all night stressing it.

how was the nats overall? decent?

I gave my buddy Mike a call. He's looking for me.
20180813_075109.jpg
20180813_075126.jpg

yeah it does. but honestly, I probably should have built the shop years ago. It sucks more for other reasons. but enough of that, i was up all night stressing it.

how was the nats overall? decent?
It was just ok. Nothing Stellar except for Hemi Denney's tent. I got to meat Butch Leal and saw some of his cars.

It si funny that the guys with the lowest cars are usually the best group? You see it at Carlisle. There is us, usually in a loud corner somewhere, the B guys a few isles away with campers, the C guys with class a campers and catering, the RR guys in the Marriot with a view of Carlisle and Meacham auctions online all the time!:rofl:
You forgot the 'E'lite guys. lol

since I have two hemi's i think i'll sell one of them once i confirm condition. whats a fair asking price for a 3rd gen? ive seen them from 2-6 grand for a 5.7

Lot of f'd up vehicles in the news. Floods and sinkholes. Big section of parking lot in Lancaster Pa...You guys see the clip from China where they threw a rope around an SUV that was ready to drop in a sinkhole and pulled it back out? Pretty cool.

-
Back