Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Was looking at a valiant fender, looks close to the barracuda,should have taken a picture so i could compare it. Parts guy is going to send me a photo. May save me a some time redoing one fender at least. I found some holes in the corner,a bit of a complicated piece to fix.

I might have spoken too soon about the leftovers being for lunch. My daughter is back into the last pizza again. Gotta love that teenage metabolism!

:lol:

Army jambalaya is an oxymoron...like Military Intelligence...

Yeah. MI is the biggest oxymoron ever. Rarely are those guys ever right. Most of the time, they sit in a conference room with a giant topo map spread across the table... and get medals for it, just ask my brother...

Married my daughter off earlier this year in New Orleans. Son in law cooked up a batch with local ingredients, pretty fricking good, worth another try perhaps...
Sooo simple to make an soooo good. This batch has blackened pork chops and smoked sausage, 2 BBQ leftovers worth. I always use brown rice and since it takes more fluid than white rice I use beer for about 1/5 of the liquid. I've made it with Tri Tip, Chicken, Hot Links, Linguicia, Pork, whatever is leftover from the pit :lol:

Sooo simple to make an soooo good. This batch has blackened pork chops and smoked sausage, 2 BBQ leftovers worth. I always use brown rice and since it takes more fluid than white rice I use beer for about 1/5 of the liquid. I've made it with Tri Tip, Chicken, Hot Links, Linguicia, Pork, whatever is leftover from the pit :lol:

Well that sounds awesome!

I honestly don't know what meats he bought, but it came from this list:

HOUSE MADE MEATS + SAUSAGES
ANDOUILLE, 9/LB

SMOKED COUNTRY SAUSAGE, 9/LB
SMOKED DEER SAUSAGE, 9/LB

BOUDIN, 7.50/LB
FRESH SAUSAGE, 7.50/LB
TASSO, 9/LB
BUTCHER BACON, 16/LB

KUROBUTA BACON, 16/LB
PANCETTA, 12/LB
BUCKBOARD BACON, 12/LB
PASTRAMI, 12/LB

DUCK PASTRAMI, 22/LB
DUCK CONFIT, 9 EACH
SMOKED TURKEY, 18/LB
SHOULDER HAM, 10/LB
BOLOGNA, 8/LB
MORTADELLA, 10/LB
SALAMI COTTO, 10/LB
BEEF JERKY, 28/LB
DUCK JERKY, 32/LB
COUNTRY TERRINE, 12/LB
HEAD CHEESE, 10/LB
PORK RILLON, 20/LB

HOUSE CURED SALAMI
SOPRESSATA, 7/¼LB

SPICY FENNEL, 7/¼LB
GENOA, 7/¼LB
COPPA, 17/LB
CAPICOLA, 10/LB

Army jambalaya is just almost-expired leftovers stew...with rice and tobasco

The veggies are gray and the meat is almost green.

I honestly don't know what meats he bought, but it came from this list:

HOUSE MADE MEATS + SAUSAGES
ANDOUILLE, 9/LB
SMOKED COUNTRY SAUSAGE, 9/LB
SMOKED DEER SAUSAGE, 9/LB
BOUDIN, 7.50/LB
FRESH SAUSAGE, 7.50/LB
TASSO, 9/LB
BUTCHER BACON, 16/LB
KUROBUTA BACON, 16/LB
PANCETTA, 12/LB
BUCKBOARD BACON, 12/LB
PASTRAMI, 12/LB
DUCK PASTRAMI, 22/LB
DUCK CONFIT, 9 EACH
SMOKED TURKEY, 18/LB
SHOULDER HAM, 10/LB
BOLOGNA, 8/LB
MORTADELLA, 10/LB
SALAMI COTTO, 10/LB
BEEF JERKY, 28/LB
DUCK JERKY, 32/LB
COUNTRY TERRINE, 12/LB
HEAD CHEESE, 10/LB
PORK RILLON, 20/LB

HOUSE CURED SALAMI
SOPRESSATA, 7/¼LB
SPICY FENNEL, 7/¼LB
GENOA, 7/¼LB
COPPA, 17/LB
CAPICOLA, 10/LB
I would be willing to bet that there was at least andouille and boudin in there. Probably some ham and country sausage too.

Damn, I had some great jambalaya when I visited New Orleans in the past. So flavorful and spicy that if a mosquito sucked your blood after eating it...he would burst into flames as he was flying away!

Took ownership of my 64 back yesterday, the son is wanting to sell the Avalanche :thumbsup: Good morning all, time to rise and shine..

13769586_1338562016159141_5609106469055668485_n.jpg

-
Back