Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Central vac is running.
Its about time. The install kit i got was for a house 3 times the size i think, but i want to put a setup in the shop. Gives me lots to work with.

Well, the sun finally came out. The marine layer will probably return just before sunset, which is a good thing. It will keep the moisture in the track and the open wheel cars will be hooked the f$%& up :steering:. Enough time for riding to town to gather up the early arriving motorcycle parts. :D

Got the kids brakes on. Couldn't replace the rear rotors because of a seized Caliper bracket bolt so we just put pads in the rear. LOF too but now he needs a battery. Went to start it up and it cranked slow for a couple seconds. I tested the battery and it loaded to 350a. It's a 600 amp battery. Argggg. Another $100. Good thing he works at a GM dealer and get's a good discount.

ah, its no big deal now that I got over it.

Every time I log into FBBO I run into someone's attitude problem. I can not log in for a year and then log in again and BAM ….attitude problem.

FCBO is such a nice and helpful crowd and so is FABO so what is wrong with B body guys. Is it like owning a BMW, like they minute they start driving a B-body, the instinct is to turn into an AssKlown ??
E body forums are worst. The one nice part about FBBO is they have a pre 1967 B body section. I only post there and those guys are a lot like the FABO crowd. It's when you venture to the other sections where I notice the egos and attitudes.

It’s been a while since I did a new Baron Benrickster image. Figured it was time...

72C53975-F887-497F-820C-A2CAF525D873.jpeg

i simply asked for some B body motor mounts for a slant six for a 67 Belvedere and got some pretty smart *** comments.

WTB - slant six motor mounts
Too late to view the
catfight.gif
'entertainment' - said posts were deleted . LOL

According to the Mopar Engine Swaps chapter in the DC/MP Chassis Book,
you want brackets 2532277 & 2806479
These were used on all B-body sixes from '67 through '72.
" do" insulators 2658283 and 2806 476

Too late to view the View attachment 1715226860 'entertainment' - said posts were deleted . LOL

According to the Mopar Engine Swaps chapter in the DC/MP Chassis Book,
you want brackets 2532277 & 2806479
These were used on all B-body sixes from '67 through '72.
" do" insulators 2658283 and 2806 476
I am not even building a slant six car but because it was originally a slant six car and still has the K frame, I figured I would install a running slant six and get it running sooner than later. A car that you don't have to push around the yard is way more good times than a dead car.

At this point with this BS, might be easier to swap the K frame out and drop in a 318

Just pulled the old shedded cover off the ‘66 and inspected everything. It’s just like it was when I wrapped it up last fall. No weather damage, insects or critters. Just a little dust here and there.

283EBDAC-A1A0-457E-B259-42FEA9D2ABE8.jpeg

D0D15D4C-DFE7-4879-8384-2D9B18D2C907.jpeg

I fitted the new cover on and will bungee it tight in a little bit. I have to pull the clips for the tie down kit off the old cover...and have a beer while I’m doing it.

I am not even building a slant six car but because it was originally a slant six car and still has the K frame, I figured I would install a running slant six and get it running sooner than later. A car that you don't have to push around the yard is way more good times than a dead car.

At this point with this BS, might be easier to swap the K frame out and drop in a 318
Don't let some nonsense on FBBO discourage you!
Is everything else there?
Having done a 6 to 8 swap as my initiation, its a PIA too. well maybe less so if you have a donor sitting right there. I spent many Sat mornings running to the junkyards getting those parts.

If its just the engine brackets, try those p/n and see what comes up. Also try some of the yards and people that specialize in mopars of this era.

We shampooed the carpets and now are working on getting the "Road Runner" started...

Checked and we are getting spark, but it does look a little weak to me, but it's kicking over a bit...

Found we weren't getting any gas...

Put 5 gallons in and now we are getting gas to the carbs....

We are letting some of it evaporate as we spilled some while priming the carbs with gas in a jar to get the gas through pump sooner...

now I see why I don't post at FBBO ever ….what a bunch of assholes

ah, its no big deal now that I got over it.

Every time I log into FBBO I run into someone's attitude problem. I can not log in for a year and then log in again and BAM ….attitude problem.

FCBO is such a nice and helpful crowd and so is FABO so what is wrong with B body guys. Is it like owning a BMW, like they minute they start driving a B-body, the instinct is to turn into an AssKlown ??

i simply asked for some B body motor mounts for a slant six for a 67 Belvedere and got some pretty smart *** comments.

WTB - slant six motor mounts

Don't let some nonsense on FBBO discourage you!
Is everything else there?
Having done a 6 to 8 swap as my initiation, its a PIA too. well maybe less so if you have a donor sitting right there. I spent many Sat mornings running to the junkyards getting those parts.

If its just the engine brackets, try those p/n and see what comes up. Also try some of the yards and people that specialize in mopars of this era.

I have had the same opinion of the B-body guys over there.... :icon_fU:

What a bunch of egos and attitudes... :mob:

Don't let a bunch of people with their head in their @ss discourage you... :mad:

HEADUPASS.jpg

:lol:

We shampooed the carpets and now are working on getting the "Road Runner" started...

Checked and we are getting spark, but it does look a little weak to me, but it's kicking over a bit...

Found we weren't getting any gas...

Put 5 gallons in and now we are getting gas to the carbs....

We are letting some of it evaporate as we spilled some while priming the carbs with gas in a jar to get the gas through pump sooner...
Find or make up a little funnel out of tin to fill the bowls through the vents. I made one, it helps reduce the spillage. I vaguely recall soldering a small diameter copper tube that would fit the vent. I'll have to look for it when I'm at the garage. Haven't seen it in a while.:rolleyes:

Find or make up a little funnel out of tin to fill the bowls through the vents. I made one, it helps reduce the spillage. I vaguely recall soldering a small diameter copper tube that would fit the vent. I'll have to look for it when I'm at the garage. Haven't seen it in a while.:rolleyes:

I have a few old style metal gas cans and had to search for a top with a fill tube to reduce spillage...

After I had spilled alot... :BangHead:

It's like asking for directions.... You don't ask until you are lost and can't find your way... :realcrazy:

-
Back