Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The Delaware river gap was created about 3 million years ago when the mountain ridge holding back a 1000’ deep inland sea suddenly was breached. In a cataclysm of epic proportions, the sea roared through the gap and strew millions of tons of stone and gravel downstream to create the plateau silt formation that the city of Philadelphia is build on today. If you look on an aerial photo of the region, you can see the delta it created.
Never heard that theory. Rather something along the lines of gradual erosion, which eventually reversed or joined the rivers to flow to the Atlantic. Of course lots of other stuff happened too along the way, including getting covered by glaciers. The Wisconson terminal moraine is the big one almost always noted on goeological maps of NJ.

Hey Keith, I checked the zoning regs and it looks like I can do the 2 car garage extension I mentioned when you were here.

I need to get to the zoning office and verify.

It would solve a lot of issues if I could do it.
That would be awsome for you!

Never heard that theory. Rather something along the lines of gradual erosion, which eventually reversed or joined the rivers to flow to the Atlantic. Of course lots of other stuff happened too along the way, including getting covered by glaciers. The Wisconson terminal moraine is the big one almost always noted on goeological maps of NJ.
The way the large composite silt is deposited in the Delaware river delta around Philadelphia could have only happened in a single cataclysmic event. The size and distribution of the rocks in the various layers show it clearly.

It isn’t studied by many and the continual erosion theory seems to dominate. Probably because it is the most prevalent effect over the past 500 million years of geological formation it the Appalachian ridges and the gap. But all the evidence is there for the catastrophic breach 3 million years ago.

Seriously? :wtf: Didn't Summer start like 3 weeks ago there?

I noticed the leaves around here started to fall last weekend and through this week they are starting to fall... Not change color yet, just fall....

Yes, but when you say that you pulled the trigger, it reminds me of the time(s) you shot raccoons by your shop.... :elmer:

And earned the name "Rainbo".... :popcorn:
Dang raccoons.

I didn't want to get mean with them but they didn't give me many options and the first dead cat, diplomacy was out there window

This summer was unusually hot and dry. Garden veggies were nuts,neighbour had so many cucumbers and tomatoes. Oak trees were full of acorns, even though it was so dry the canola produced above average.
I figure we are going to have a harsh winter.It cooled off and there is no decent weather in the near future.
My garden started out great and went to crap when we had a week of relentless heat and no rain followed by complete saturation for the next entire week.

The way the large composite silt is deposited in the Delaware river delta around Philadelphia could have only happened in a single cataclysmic event. The size and distribution of the rocks in the various layers show it clearly.

It isn’t studied by many and the continual erosion theory seems to dominate. Probably because it is the most prevalent effect over the past 500 million years of geological formation it the Appalachian ridges and the gap. But all the evidence is there for the catastrophic breach 3 million years ago.

And I was there when it happened :thumbsup:
fixed :D

The only difference between this duster and cinnamon I is this one is an original V8 car and it's a duster custom. (VH29G5

Have not seen another Duster... There is one T4 Scamp on FABO.
3169.jpg

We shampooed the carpets and now are working on getting the "Road Runner" started...

Checked and we are getting spark, but it does look a little weak to me, but it's kicking over a bit...

Found we weren't getting any gas...

Put 5 gallons in and now we are getting gas to the carbs....

We are letting some of it evaporate as we spilled some while priming the carbs with gas in a jar to get the gas through pump sooner...
Just get a ketchup/condiment squeeze bottle from Wally world. 98 cents and fills t
through the bowl vents perfectly. Best 98 cents ever.

So true...

“Some things will never change...
We just stand there looking backwards,
Half unconscious from the pain.

It may seem prearranged...
But in the backwater swirling,
there is something that will never change.”

Just get a ketchup/condiment squeeze bottle from Wally world. 98 cents and fills t
through the bowl vents perfectly. Best 98 cents ever.

We got it started!!!

It ran for a while... It's been a long time since it's ran that long...

Still needs some debugging. but we now can start it...

DSC08062 B.JPG

-
Back