Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I know it is a Camaro in this video, but the Aussies know how to have some fun!!

Morning to the Happy Club.....have my cup of Happy and awaiting the morning.:D
Karl has a SB?? Didn't know..cool!!!

I keep it very low key... I don't like to brag and push it in other people's faces, so I don't talk about it much...

My dad bought it from the original owner back in 1981 with just over 20 k miles on it, and it has only 21,748 miles on it today...

I inherited it when dad died... My brother let me choose which Roadrunner of dad's that I wanted... It was a tough decision as I had to pass up on a 69 Roadrunner convertible that we transplanted a 426 Hemi into with a 4 speed...

But since the Superbird was all original low mileage, I chose the bird over the Hemi convertible...

Karl you have a bunch of FSM's right? I am looking for the parts breakouts of the distributors without trying to get them online. Just a copy would be awesome. Cant find much otherwise on the prestolites.

Pretty funny the other week when I did that 440 6 pk distrib Charger for the local guy he gunned it and it took off nice. Well he smelled something burning, thought it was the clutch. Was the rear tires smoking!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: JOB DONE!

Karl you have a bunch of FSM's right? I am looking for the parts breakouts of the distributors without trying to get them online. Just a copy would be awesome. Cant find much otherwise on the prestolites.

Yes, I have a big library of service manuals... I have many original ones that I've picked up over the years, then one year I bought a full set of reproduction FSM's that go from 64 - 74 in both Dodge and Plymouth when I went to Mopar Nats... Most of the repros have not ever had the plastic seal broken...

Let me know what year and what info that you need and I will see if I can look it up... Hopefully I can find it in the original ones and not have to break the seal on the new repro manuals...

Whatever is open! Just the pic of the breakdown and the parts list. Let me know what I owe you then,

I keep it very low key... I don't like to brag and push it in other people's faces, so I don't talk about it much...

My dad bought it from the original owner back in 1981 with just over 20 k miles on it, and it has only 21,748 miles on it today...

I inherited it when dad died... My brother let me choose which Roadrunner of dad's that I wanted... It was a tough decision as I had to pass up on a 69 Roadrunner convertible that we transplanted a 426 Hemi into with a 4 speed...

But since the Superbird was all original low mileage, I chose the bird over the Hemi convertible...
Wow that's cool. What a choice, both of you were winners getting one of Dad's cars, cars with so many memories!!

KrazyKuda, that is awesome you have your Dad's car and your brother has the other one. I had to hunt my Dad's car down but have it now.

Wow that's cool. What a choice, both of you were winners getting one of Dad's cars, cars with so many memories!!

I agree, we both win... We each got a nice worthy Roadrunner...

Yes, it was a tough decision. but I don't regret it...

Yesterday we went to a big car show for these parts 323 cars and trucks.
And Best of Show went to.....yep!!
We were smiling all the way home.
Homemade car parts trophy over 3ft tall and weighs 60 pounds....holly crap she warned me when she handed it to me. :D

IMG_0896.jpeg

Morning... is FABO looking different to anyone else?

Yesterday we went to a big car show for these parts 323 cars and trucks.
And Best of Show went to.....yep!!
We were smiling all the way home.
Homemade car parts trophy 4ft tall and weighs 60 pounds....holly crap she warned me when she handed it to me. :D

View attachment 1715227035

Congrats!!! Best of show!!! :thumbsup:

Wierd, I log out and it's fine. I log in and it greys out.

IMG_5677.PNG

IMG_5678.PNG

KrazyKuda, that is awesome you have your Dad's car and your brother has the other one. I had to hunt my Dad's car down but have it now.

Dad's favorite car was the Superbird...

He used to tell us all about them when we were kids... How they dominated NASCAR and couldn't be beat... He called them "Wing Things"....

When we lived in Omaha for a couple years, there was an orange Superbird that we used to see on the way to the health club... We would pass it and look at it sitting in the driveway of the house from the street... Then one day it disappeared...

Then we moved back to Chicago and started our Mopar hobby... We first got a 71 challenger convertible for a family project that has yet to be finished...

Then we found the Superbird and dad bought it... He refused to sell it and whenever anybody asked if it was for sale, he told them that it's in his will and not for sale... Ironically ours is the same orange as the one we used to admire on the way to the health club in Omaha...

We took it to the first Mopar Nats and got to take it around the NASCAR oval track at the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI and got it to 150 MPH on the back stretch... My brother was 15 years old at the time driving on his permit... LOL!!!

Even at 150 MPH, there was still lots more pedal to go before it was fully floored... It has an 8 3/4" 3.23 axle...

Dad's favorite car was the Superbird...

He used to tell us all about them when we were kids... How they dominated NASCAR and couldn't be beat... He called them "Wing Things"....

When we lived in Omaha for a couple years, there was an orange Superbird that we used to see on the way to the health club... We would pass it and look at it sitting in the driveway of the house from the street... Then one day it disappeared...

Then we moved back to Chicago and started our Mopar hobby... We first got a 71 challenger convertible for a family project that has yet to be finished...

Then we found the Superbird and dad bought it... He refused to sell it and whenever anybody asked if it was for sale, he told them that it's in his will and not for sale... Ironically ours is the same orange as the one we used to admire on the way to the health club in Omaha...

We took it to the first Mopar Nats and got to take it around the NASCAR oval track at the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI and got it to 150 MPH on the back stretch... My brother was 15 years old at the time driving on his permit... LOL!!!

Even at 150 MPH, there was still more pedal to go before it was fully floored... It has an 8 3/4" 3.23 axle...
What I find comical is everyone now a days gets all worked up about super cars like the Bughatti hitting 205 mph. Every time someone brings it up, I'm like, meh, the Daytona and Superbirds did that back in 1969/70 and then some. Had they had better tire tech back then, I think they'd easily hit 230-240

-
Back