Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have a few old style metal gas cans and had to search for a top with a fill tube to reduce spillage...

After I had spilled alot... :BangHead:

It's like asking for directions.... You don't ask until you are lost and can't find your way... :realcrazy:
That all sounds too familiar!
I can't recall the last time I used the funnel, I just aimed the fuel I had collected in the sardine can the best I could. Steady eye and good hand - don't spill too much. :lol:
I forgeot about it until now. Need to find it. Shifted stuff around too many times...sigh

Last edited:
Brand new. The vinyl coating on the old one was pretty much gone.
Well it looks like it did a good job. A year in the elements isn't bad. Is that the same type? Or is more of Goretex type outer fabric?
I had thought about buying a cover for the car when I was staying in the Gap.

That all sounds too familiar!
I can't recall the last time I used the funnel, I just aimed the fuel I had collected in the sardine can the best I could. Steady eye and good hand - don't spill too much. :lol:
I forgeot about it until now. Need to find it. Shifted stuff around too many times...sigh

I made my own home made funnel for filling gas cans into cars...

I took a two liter bottle and cut the bottom off at the base, then took some 5/8": heater hose and taped it to the top... High volume funnel...

We shampooed the carpets and now are working on getting the "Road Runner" started...

Checked and we are getting spark, but it does look a little weak to me, but it's kicking over a bit...

Found we weren't getting any gas...

Put 5 gallons in and now we are getting gas to the carbs....

We are letting some of it evaporate as we spilled some while priming the carbs with gas in a jar to get the gas through pump sooner...
The squeeze bottle friction modifier comes in is perfect for priming carbs. A spray can noodle with a piece of 14 gauge wire insulation fits the tip perfectly.

The gap?
Only one i know of is between manitoba and alberta...

Well it looks like it did a good job. A year in the elements isn't bad. Is that the same type? Or is more of Goretex type outer fabric?
I had thought about buying a cover for the car when I was staying in the Gap.
It’s the same inexpensive cover Tim brought originally last year. $50 and it held up to everything but the blazing sun. But for a $50 price, I bought 2 this time so I’m good for next year too.

The trick I found is to get the carcover tie down kit that has clips and bungee cords to keep it snug on the car. 60 mph winds last winter didn’t budge it after I did that.

Last edited:
Heavy snow didnt bother it either. It’s on the lower left with 15” of heavy wet snow on it.

B33B1D34-C1F9-45A9-A6B6-F0C4D754B9BD.jpeg

Gosh TJ, can't you keep track of where we all live and work and travel? :lol:
For me 'the Gap' is the Delaware Water Gap where the Delaware River cuts through the Appalachian mountain range and is now a national recreation area, thanks to a dam project that didn't happen. We were based on the Jersey side. uh that's New Jersey in a former scout camp. The car was outside all the time.
:thumbsup:

It’s the same inexpensive cover Tim brought originally last year. $50 and it held up to everything but the blazing sun. But for a $50 price, I bought 2 this time so I’m good for next year too.

The trick I found is to get the carcover tie down kit that has clips and bungee cords to keep it snug on the car. 60 mph winds last winter didn’t budge it after I did that.
That's great! I'd need to cut or punch an antenea hole, but that would work. Only problem up there was finding a place to store it when I had the car out in the rain (driving it). I'll worry about it if program gets revived. I'm not betting on it.

Speaking of snow,outside here now as i type this.
Dammit.
Hulk saad...
Now all my storage customers will be panicking,im not ready for 2 to 3 more weeks. At least.
Next weekend is awards banquet for wife’s work.i never go, for some reason i have to...

That's great! I'd need to cut or punch an antenea hole, but that would work. Only problem up there was finding a place to store it when I had the car out in the rain (driving it). I'll worry about it if program gets revived. I'm not betting on it.
It comes with a grommet kit to punch the antenna hole and secure it to prevent damage to the cover and the antenna. All part of the purchase. It also comes with a zippered storage case with carrying handle. Pretty impressive for the price.

It also has a soft synthetic felt backing that does not damage the car finish in any way.

Driving south along the Delaware River, a few miles above the Gap
OldMineRd-SB_0983.JPG

The road I usually use was over the ridge. This photo is near the top and Pennsylvania is in the distance.

IMGP8066.JPG

Speaking of snow,outside here now as i type this.
Dammit.
Hulk saad...
Now all my storage customers will be panicking,im not ready for 2 to 3 more weeks. At least.
Next weekend is awards banquet for wife’s work.i never go, for some reason i have to...
Snow?? That’s the worst of the 4 letter words!

Hard to imagine. Its been so warm for this time of year (down here).

Gosh TJ, can't you keep track of where we all live and work and travel? :lol:
For me 'the Gap' is the Delaware Water Gap where the Delaware River cuts through the Appalachian mountain range and is now a national recreation area, thanks to a dam project that didn't happen. We were based on the Jersey side. uh that's New Jersey in a former scout camp. The car was outside all the time.
:thumbsup:
The Delaware river gap was created about 3 million years ago when the mountain ridge holding back a 1000’ deep inland sea suddenly was breached. In a cataclysm of epic proportions, the sea roared through the gap and strew millions of tons of stone and gravel downstream to create the plateau silt formation that the city of Philadelphia is build on today. If you look on an aerial photo of the region, you can see the delta it created.

Hey Keith, I checked the zoning regs and it looks like I can do the 2 car garage extension I mentioned when you were here.

I need to get to the zoning office and verify.

It would solve a lot of issues if I could do it.

This summer was unusually hot and dry. Garden veggies were nuts,neighbour had so many cucumbers and tomatoes. Oak trees were full of acorns, even though it was so dry the canola produced above average.
I figure we are going to have a harsh winter.It cooled off and there is no decent weather in the near future.

This summer was unusually hot and dry. Garden veggies were nuts,neighbour had so many cucumbers and tomatoes. Oak trees were full of acorns, even though it was so dry the canola produced above average.
I figure we are going to have a harsh winter.It cooled off and there is no decent weather in the near future.
Well, the Old Farmers Almanac is predicting that most of Canada will be colder and snowier than normal this coming winter.

For the Northeast US where I am, they are predicting wetter but milder conditions this coming Winter with snowfall below average...but rainfall above average.

-
Back