Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looks like Mine... Although mine is B7 darker blue....383 , 4 spd...
I cant find a pic right now but the one I had was an interesting car in regards to options

U Code 4 speed car
but radio delete, no console, just a pistol grip out of the floor, between the bucket seats. Standard dash. 2 Scoop hood.

It was refrigerator white with a black Hockey stick stripe, even though the stripe was added because according to the build sheet it was originally a stripe delete car.

Had body colored white wheels with "Plymouth division" dog dish caps.

Had the numbers matching driveline which was an 18 spline 4 speed.
whoever bought it new wasn't so much into options but must have wanted to race

Well I went and look at that at the Valero
i thought you ruled that one out?
Well I went and looked at the Dodge it looks real nice in the pictures and it looks nice in person Interiors not bad but boy what a Rattle Trap I'm driving right now I'm can't really carry on a conversation but my 66 Dart is twice the car but that 64 is

Wow...Yeah, that is interesting... You should have kept a U code 440...Valuable.... My 70 Cuda is Numbers 383 , 4 spd, Also no console. Which I LIKE. Also Stripe delete on this car, but I will put one on..Also originally painted wheels and center caps.. I'll get to it sooner or later. It is Very, Very Rust Free, Which is great.... @Rainy Day Auto

Last edited:
Wow...Yeah, that is interesting... You should have kept a U code 440...Valuable.... My 70 Cuda is Numbers 383 , 4 spd, Also no console. Which I LIKE. Also Stripe delete on this car, but I will put one on..Also originally painted wheels and center caps.. I'll get to it sooner or later. It is Very, Very Rust Free, Which is great....
It's probably the only car I sold that I don't regret. Because of that car i can say I am not illiterate lol

The sale of that car paid my bachelor's degree program and even some master's credits.

I would rather have the piece of paper on the wall than that car. That car was kinda bad luck from the beginning for me. (Long story)

Thats it for the day. Back aches, twisting around welding rocker to inner panel. Im happy with the way its turning out. But im out of time,have to pick up other appointments and keep other customers hapy.
It is practice for the barracuda, and a change from the regular repairs.

Well I went and look at that at the Valero

Well I went and looked at the Dodge it looks real nice in the pictures and it looks nice in person Interiors not bad but boy what a Rattle Trap I'm driving right now I'm can't really carry on a conversation but my 66 Dart is twice the car but that 64 is
So passing on the 64?

So passing on the 64?
Yep. You know, it's good to check out something different to appreciate what you have. I thought my 66 was a little tired. It is a little tired and needs some things to be nice. The 64 needed a lot. It was loose and rattly. The Max Wedge clone under the hood and the torque rod to hold it under the hood didn't help. The whole thing shook and it wasn't the camshaft. I wasn't impressed with the lack of power either. LOL Except for the wind noise and a little bad wheel vibration, I enjoyed the 45 min. trip home. I'll post some pictures.

20181016_143422.jpg
20181016_143441.jpg
20181016_144053.jpg

It looks pretty good but so does lipstick on a pig!

Yep. You know, it's good to check out something different to appreciate what you have. I thought my 66 was a little tired. It is a little tired and needs some things to be nice. The 64 needed a lot. It was loose and rattly. The Max Wedge clone under the hood and the torque rod to hold it under the hood didn't help. The whole thing shook and it wasn't the camshaft. I wasn't impressed with the lack of power either. LOL Except for the wind noise and a little bad wheel vibration, I enjoyed the 45 min. trip home. I'll post some pictures.
Sounds like a half assed Resto job

The devil is always in the details. My ‘69 GTS ran and drove like total crap when I first got it. A little TLC and and understanding of what to fix mechanically made it right.

I’d be willing to bet that car is in the same category.

The devil is always in the details. My ‘69 GTS ran and drove like total crap when I first got it. A little TLC and and understanding of what to fix mechanically made it right.

I’d be willing to bet that car is in the same category.
True that. I am more into plug and play stuff since I bought my Swinger. I like to tinker but not rebuild. That 64 needed a lot of rebuilding.

True that. I am more into plug and play stuff since I bought my Swinger. I like to tinker but not rebuild. That 64 needed a lot of rebuilding.
And that is why the prices jump up so much on cars done right. Most people willing to pay that kind of money want a hobby car to tinker with...not a project.

It's okay Mike, we're not your wife, you can admit to us that's your truck and trailer it's on, we won't tell. :poke: :rofl:

Side note. Anyone else ever notice that the American flag flying over Normandy beach cemetery only has 48 stars instead of 50?

Side note. Anyone else ever notice that the American flag flying over Normandy beach cemetery only has 48 stars instead of 50?
That’s because back in WWII, it only had 48 stars.

Just like some of the revolutionary war cemeteries fly the 13 star flag.

That’s because back in WWII, it only had 48 stars.

Just like some of the revolutionary war cemeteries fly the 13 star flag.
I understand the reason why. Just never noticed it before.

I understand the reason why. Just never noticed it before.
Well then, your Universe has expanded...but yet, other people’s has remained the same.

I’m not being an ***, that’s a very important thing to realize as you discover new knowledge...and understand that other people quite possibly know more than you.

Perspective.

When you discover some new knowledge, it’s best to put it in perspective of yourself like presenting it as “I just learned...” rather than assuming others don’t know already.

Well then, your Universe has expanded...but yet, other people’s has remained the same.

I’m not being an ***, that’s a very important thing to realize as you discover new knowledge...and understand that other people quite possibly know more than you.

Perspective.

When you discover some new knowledge, it’s best to put it in perspective of yourself like presenting it as “I just learned...” rather than assuming others don’t know already.
I wasn't assuming anything. I was merely wondering if my eyes were deceiving me or not

Perspective.

Hey, your daughter doing ok coping with the events of yesterday? I'm sure it has to be rough

Hey, your daughter doing ok coping with the events of yesterday? I'm sure it has to be rough
She’s actually doing pretty well.

She realizes that she pushed her way out of the situation without fear and was totally willing to defend herself. She then made the right choice to report it and follow through with the complaints.

She is feeling a little empowered by the whole thing and is a bit more confident in herself...as she should.

Like I have taught her from the beginning, women don’t need anyone to defend them...they just need to be capable and willing to do it themselves.

She has apparently learned the lessons well.

-
Back