Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey when I pull the dash out, thought I'd replace all the bulbs. Anyone sell them as a set??
Anything else recommended I should swap while its out??
Going to rebuild the heater box.
Buy em at the local parts store. Just don't buy Chinesieum ones...Clean and lube all the push pull cables, Check all switches and gauges ...

Buy em at the local parts store. Just don't buy Chinesieum ones...Clean and lube all the push pull cables, Check all switches and gauges ...
Need a new radio speaker the 10" speaker under the dash. Finding an NOS seems impossible.

They do, especially post 72. But they're still lighter than a B/E body. But only a couple hundred pounds, so maybe they're a couple tenths faster in the quarter.

So I get curious about curb weights last night. '72 Dart 3200, '69 Camaro 3500 with a small block 3650 with a big block.
From a past experience '65 T-Bird 4500 :eek:, my GMC 1500 was 5500. The T-Bird was a gift I wanted to play with, but I couldn't figure out how to get enough weight off of it to make it my kind of fun :rofl:.

Did someone say 8 Tracks....This is left over from my High School Road Runner. On display, in my Home Shop.....
View attachment 1715240092 View attachment 1715240093 View attachment 1715240094 View attachment 1715240095
Think I had some of the same ones! Some of the same artists for sure
Creedence, Chicago, John Denver
Can't read them all...would have loved to have had the Eagles in the car.

When I had more, besides the Foghat and Doors there were sides of Who's Next, and Stones - maybe Sticky Fingers, Willie Niles, and one with a track with the Paul is Dead mystery, Beatles mixed tape I put together at friends house.
Full tapes of Who by Numbers, Empty Glass - somewhat dangerous in car, Argent, Paul Revere and the Raiders, are the ones I recall at the moment.
:thumbsup:

Hey when I pull the dash out, thought I'd replace all the bulbs. Anyone sell them as a set??
Anything else recommended I should swap while its out??
Going to rebuild the heater box.
I don't know which ones are consistanly good quality these days. I changed all the ones that looked bad in the Wagoneer and still ended up with a bad one. :BangHead:

Need a new radio speaker the 10" speaker under the dash. Finding an NOS seems impossible.
Get it rebuilt?
There's a small chance I still have the original from '67.
I got a new one at local car radio store (1990ish). Not as good as original but OK.

Do you have the owners manual?
If not, I can post up my crib sheet.

Some of the bulbs were close enough to new versions that manufacturers stopped offering them.
I try to keep to original for everything but headlights even though its minor.
I did experiment with brighter brake/tail lamps that Dan Stern was pushing, then when I went to replace with the same he was trash talking. :realcrazy:

Last edited:
And now we're poking fun at the vision impaired. I had a blind friend, boating accident in his teens I think it was caused it. Most amazing guy, best dam water skier I ever pulled behind the boat, I used to let him drive my truck. Talk about your heightened senses, Steve had them.

So I get curious about curb weights last night. '72 Dart 3200, '69 Camaro 3500 with a small block 3650 with a big block.
From a past experience '65 T-Bird 4500 :eek:, my GMC 1500 was 5500. The T-Bird was a gift I wanted to play with, but I couldn't figure out how to get enough weight off of it to make it my kind of fun :rofl:.
Yeah, and my 99 Ram 2500 was 7800 pounds haha

I don't recall how much my Ram weighs, and having a truck scale at the rock farm I'm sure I drove over it a time or 3, if nothing else just to wake the scale girl :rofl:

If I remember tonight I'll dig out time slips to see how much was lost when I ran with a trunk full of tools and parts I was hoping to unload at the swap meet. I thought it might help traction, but it didn't really. LOL Tires and spring setup werent going to be helped much even by a couple hundred pounds...

I don't recall how much my Ram weighs, and having a truck scale at the rock farm I'm sure I drove over it a time or 3, if nothing else just to wake the scale girl :rofl:
i used to sled pull, i have it memorized.

I think my daily driver 2001 Super Duty, crew cab, long bed, 4x4 diesel comes in at 8500.

43 today, cloudy and going to be wet all weekend

My mother in law sent us one of her recent paintings today. 15” x 15” acrylics on canvas. It is a birthday present for my wife.

074AFF03-6C70-4D2D-85CD-39D640A8C2B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Just doing a fly by... Been busy working and not much time to check in...

I'm already at 43 hours for this week, so today is all OT...

-
Back