Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
160346694f35a6726574bbf85717e15a.jpg

And its in the same state at least. The other two not so close.
Not far from Hoppy

Man 3-5 inches of snow my *** has to be 8-10 with a nice sleet layer in the middle. Today will suck, at least it is getting warmer and a lot will melt this weekend.
I got the worst of mine cleared last night. Picked up another coating since, but that is turning to slush quick in the sun and loosening up the ice coat under it. So, actually working in my favor.

Good Morning.

Dang, wife is sick at home again today. I better cancel my at home massage appointment then! :rofl::rofl::wtf:

Big Carlilse discount! Got email this morning. Not sure what I am doing yet for this years show. Sale goes from Black Friday to New Years. So hopefully I decide by then and save a couple bucks.

upload_2018-11-16_10-33-41.png

Snow removal today sucks packs down so fast cant even move it. That sleet is a bout half way through it hoping the sun does the rest. Looks like a plow tried to get down my neighbors drive made it ten feet and got stuck on the packed down mess. Think of a Italian ice!

Snow removal today sucks packs down so fast cant even move it. That sleet is a bout half way through it hoping the sun does the rest. Looks like a plow tried to get down my neighbors drive made it ten feet and got stuck on the packed down mess. Think of a Italian ice!
I cleared a little off the deck this morning. Heavy! So glad I cleaned most of it off the drive yesterday with the blower... All melted clean except what the plows pushed in the entrance. And that has road salt mixed in so most should melt away today

They had a buy a space get one for a bit tried to contact them 4 times just gave up on it the guy never returned my e mails or voice mails.

Morning
Another fine day.
So the bridge project is moving rather quickly.
2 330 cat excavators and a rock truck.
Semi drops rock, one hoe loads rock truck, rock truck backs up 150 feet and dumps on riverbank and second hoe places the stone.
Big chunks of blasted granite.

Big rocks FUNNNN :lol:
Had a bad winter many year ago. Washed out 3 breakwaters, one of them at a Nuke Plant. Led to a very busy summer in the rip rap world. I was sorting and loading rock on swing shift and the normal operator doing the same on days. One afternoon I look up slope and see something unusual, the more material I move the more unusual it gets. This one rock when I first notice is probably 3-4 feet across in amongst a slope of 12" crusher sized stuff. The more I dig, the bigger it gets. 3 footers weren't that unusual, but by end of shift it's Pool Table sized and it hasn't moved. I do the safe thing and move my mining operation down the slope a bit and leave a note in the tractor for the day shift. We mined around that rock for about a week more. It just kept getting larger and larger and not coming down at all. I get put back on day shift for another tractor. Over the CB I hear "Alex shut down your screening plant and go cover the yard". Down the hill past the quarry I go. The rock now the size of 3 axle dump truck had finally come crashing down slope and blocks the quarry haul road. The big loader managed to get his bucket under it and get a little lift on it but didn't have enough lead in it's *** to lift and move it. The yard loader had his bucket on the rear bumper of the big loader to get the rock off the ground just enough to move it. Big loader rear tires off the ground, yard loader front tires off the ground :lol:. We sold that rock to the nuke plant for their breakwater repair, they wanted the biggest we had. Most of them loaded with a crane onto low beds. Crane picks the big one up, sets it right back down and moves on to others. A 7 axle low bed shows up later that day to pick it up. 27 tons. One rock. :eek:. Had to have a pilot car to get it to the Nuke Plant :rofl:.

Dam it its a anniversary of the sun coming up again!:poke::rofl:

That reminds me have to send my money into the pool again.

ha ha ha ha. Hey, you know what, observing both guarantees me a nice gift twice a year at the minimum. :lol:

Honestly though, its a 50/50 still. Guard unit looks to have drill that week again, however, this unit does allow for split trains, already put in for it, just waiting for the CO's approval.

Your Trip area or visit the Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau website.

BECOME A CARLISLE OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED CLUB

Club_Official_Seal19.jpg
Carlisle Events is offering special status to clubs who regularly attend our events. Please submit your club to be considered a Carlisle Officially Recognized Club!

It’s one thing to be a club at Carlisle. It’s another to be officially recognized by your show’s event manager as an Officially Recognized Club of Carlisle Events. Now, you can be part of the “Who’s Who” of car clubs online and on grounds. By filling out the car club submission form, your club is in the running to be recognized and with that, a few honors will be bestowed upon you. First, you’ll have been handpicked by your event manager. Secondly, you’re club will be listed alphabetically online, joining other handpicked selections. Not every club will be accepted. We’re looking for clubs that are sizeable and make an impact at our events and as a club. Does your club have what it takes?

LOL Just imagine us?

-
Back