Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ah yes, Spring in Ohio...collecting morels, fiddleheads and wild asparagus. Everyday at work people would bring them in to share. Nature’s bonanza.
They grow in our front yard. One of my sister's will be over in the morning to pick them. I keep waiting for it to turn in to a free for all when word gets out about them lol.

Some of them from last year.

morels 2017.jpg

They grow in our front yard. One of my sister's will be over in the morning to pick them. I keep waiting for it to turn in to a free for all when word gets out about them lol.
We had a 20’ x20’ patch of asparagus we planted in our backyard in Cincinnati. We used to get around 30 lbs of fresh asparagus every Spring.

Here comes the rain, just started. We are supposed to get an inch or more overnight. I don’t mind, we need it to wash some of the pollen away. It’s been thick here for the past couple of days and all the cars have a yellow green film on them.

And it has been raising total hell with my allergies too.

Here comes the rain, just started. We are supposed to get an inch or more overnight. I don’t mind, we need it to wash some of the pollen away. It’s been thick here for the past couple of days and all the cars have a yellow green film on them.

And it has been raising total hell with my allergies too.
That's interesting. The pollen hasn't hit here yet. Maybe that yellow stuff blows in from the West...

That's interesting. The pollen hasn't hit here yet. Maybe that yellow stuff blows in from the West...
It brutal around here, cars kick up clouds of yellow-green dust going through intersections.

I suspect you don’t see it as much in the City since there aren’t the huge patches of woods like we have out here. After the rain, we see puddles with the pollen slime caked around the edges unless it rains heavy enough to wash it away.

-
Back