Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
She's a 74 dart sport gonna go lightly radical but she need saving. Slow on typing guys and haven't figured out this system yet bare with me

94 amp GM 12 SI alternator.
When putting it back in the garage just now increasing the rpm causes the ammeter to show less charging. So the field current is drawing more but output is not going up. Its a little bizzare because in the shop with the engine on fast idle the inductive meter showed the alt could put out almost 29 Amps before dropping voltage from 14.4
However just running with no accessories on was showing almost 5 amps.
That seems like a lot for Duraspark ignition. Coil is supposed to draw around 2 amps. I'm thinking the alternator's self-feeding field may not be working or the something bad in the output circuit.
grump grump
Loose belt or a weak brush spring.

She's a 74 dart sport gonna go lightly radical but she need saving. Slow on typing guys and haven't figured out this system yet bare with me
No worries, You'll get the hang of it. Post a picture of your car if you have one.

If its saved on your computer you can just drag and drop in the reply box

Ha HA HA
Capture.JPG

My uncle had one of those. Love those Poly's.
The engine was a challenge but she ran good the only thing I couldn't find for that car was a gas tank so I put a 13 gal. Fuel cell in the trunk which was big enough to have a party spent 2 yrs on this one

-
Back