Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'm still around... I do read posts every now and then, but life gets in the way posting a comment. Quarantined in South Africa since 26th March, with an extension announced from the initial 21 days up to 30th April... How's everyone keeping up!?

Just like what I put in mine last fall. They don't repo the paper style and the old ones look like crap.
I don't think it will reach. This one is for the earlier cars. Well I'll know for sure later this morning. /

Any clue what these go for now?
s-l1600.jpg

I'm still around... I do read posts every now and then, but life gets in the way posting a comment. Quarantined in South Africa since 26th March, with an extension announced from the initial 21 days up to 30th April... How's everyone keeping up!?
Hi. My good friend works in south africa, was supposed to be home 2 weeks ago, but stuck. He’s a helicopter pilot for Bristo.
Last time i chatted with him he said hes in lockdown.
Hope things arent too serious down there.

Hi. My good friend works in south africa, was supposed to be home 2 weeks ago, but stuck. He’s a helicopter pilot for Bristo.
Last time i chatted with him he said hes in lockdown.
Hope things arent too serious down there.

All seems under control TJ thank you! The unexpected lockdown announcement got to all of us I think...

When the originals get holes in them and are no longer able to work well, you gotta be able to defrost the windshield... Safety is higher priority than trying to find an original part...
IMO better to duct tape the original. It can't come apart 'cause its one piece of coil.
I was going to buy the gaffers tape but the adhesive is rate to 200F. That's a little too close for this engineer. I like factor of safety when I don't know about something. Got some fire resistant tape that supposed to be good to 200 C. I knew metric system was good for sumptin. LOL.
Polyken Fire Retardant Sealing Duct Tape, Black 268FR | Zoro.com

Morning all. Looks like I'm ordering more sheet metal parts today. You knoe how it goes. Since I'm here and that isnt in the way.... yeh

I buy some 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" duct hose and tape the two together in the middle with duct tape on all of my daily driver ones...

When the originals get holes in them and are no longer able to work well, you gotta be able to defrost the windshield... Safety is higher priority than trying to find an original part...
I made the big mistake and put mine back in with original style clamps AFTER we'd put the dash in. Would of been a lot easier if we'd done them earlier.
Of course with this car its not like I'm going to use the defroster.

Not cheap prob 30 for the tube. Still cheaper than a new hose if you can find one. I will post pics of the body wrap if it works out.

Finally in shop, was watching the news, same o same o.
So back to work. Or play. You know what i mean.

morning all. some good news. found a local metal place that is actually still open during this. Ordered two sheets of metal for the dart. paid 20 bucks more per sheet than the other place but hey, at least they're open.

-
Back