Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning!
Buurrrrrrrr! I don't know how you do it Frank, maybe when I was in my early 50es, but I must admit, I don't like those long winters I had to deal with up north west of Chicago, did that for two winters seasons.
Good morning

Good morning!! 57 degrees here John, a thunder storm hung with us last night, everything seems to be right this day, have a great day everyone

20221206_202716.jpg

Jodi and I were at the bank yesterday and were working with business accounts folks and customer service rep. We had to sign some documents and the question came up as to what the date was. I replied well I know the day of infamy is tomorrow thus today is the sixth. They asked me in unison what that was. I told them to look it up. How sad.

Good Morning All! Mom ended up in the hospital early Saturday so I've been down there visiting, she's doing better now but still in looking to get out to a rehab center. Sister got her dogs down to someplace in the hospital for a visit, she misses them.

Jodi and I were at the bank yesterday and were working with business accounts folks and customer service rep. We had to sign some documents and the question came up as to what the date was. I replied well I know the day of infamy is tomorrow thus today is the sixth. They asked me in unison what that was. I told them to look it up. How sad.
Wow !! Reality check ! That's crazy right there, I never met neither of my grandfather's, fathers side was USAF, moms side a Marine like you sir. ..

That is sad for sure. We gave our son his birthday present early when he was up for Thanksgiving, it's today and with all that's been going on both snuck up on me so Thanks for the reminder.

I saw a news article when I was down in Portland, a local survivor, think he was 102 and they were celebrating him. Quite a guy, he was saluting all those around him from his wheelchair, he had lots of smiles, solid dude a hero for sure!

Homemade Hu Tieu for dinner. I think I'll call it Hu Tieu Mitch. Usually has pork or beef in it. But I used some Johnsonville smoked sausages. Better cheddar to be exact. Fried em up, sliced em up and added. Yum..
PXL_20221207_105428385.jpg

Homemade Hu Tieu for dinner. I think I'll call it Hu Tieu Mitch. Usually has pork or beef in it. But I used some Johnsonville smoked sausages. Better cheddar to be exact. Fried em up, sliced em up and added. Yum..
View attachment 1716019351
That looks great Mitch, what's the spicy level? Yesterday I had chicken Pho, was good but they didn't bring the basil/jalapeno/sprout "fixins". Later, okay I looked it up, Pho Ga and I see that Hu Tieu is usually a breakfast, can be eaten as soup or dry and pork bone based (usually), sound right, from Saigon.

View attachment 1716019351
That does look good Mitch, I am a red beans and rice lover, and most all Cajun foods, Jumbalia I could live on

Short memories Americans have

But in Serbia I celebrated the 1389 Field of Blackbirds and they spoke of it like it had just occurred.

Found an old picture from 2008, APA tournament in Cape Jerorodo Mo. (how ever its spelled)
I have a $1.000.00 dollar 8 ball tournament this month here in town at a VFW post. 400 second place, 200 third, Mikie needs a new pair of front skinnies

FB_IMG_1655564581679.jpg

Found an old picture from 2008, APA tournament in Cape Jerorodo Mo. (how ever its spelled)
I have a $1.000.00 dollar 8 ball tournament this month here in town at a VFW post. 400 second place, 200 third, Mikie needs a new pair of front skinnies

View attachment 1716019352
Stay out of the crown before game time! I have seen you shoot pre crown and post crown! Hah! Would not want to face ya on a pre crown rack!

View attachment 1716019352
Sounds like fun, good luck! Mikey needs a new pair of shoes lol!

Short memories Americans have

But in Serbia I celebrated the 1389 Field of Blackbirds and they spoke of it like it had just occurred.
Honestly had to look that up, my book learning stopped in the 4rth grade so.
But I have seen the battle pictures before now that I looked it up

I saw a news article when I was down in Portland, a local survivor, think he was 102 and they were celebrating him. Quite a guy, he was saluting all those around him from his wheelchair, he had lots of smiles, solid dude a hero for sure!
Good thing the carriers were out to sea, or we would have been really screwed.

Stay out of the crown before game time! I have seen you shoot pre crown and post crown! Hah! Would not want to face ya on a pre crown rack!
Agree, I loved my Mt. Dew back then, may have to get back on it, quit the stuff a few years back

-
Back