Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning guys... My brain thinking it's funny knew i posted bout waking up at 5am every morning like clockwork.. so today woke me up at 5:59.... very funny.. :)
Put my car back on the ground last night and am waiting for USCT connectors to show up.. I am kind of surprised at how much it flexed over the months on the jackstands..

Hello, you look new here and we haven't met yet...

It's good to see more people join in the coffee club thread...

Do I know you.jpg

Hello. Wondering what car and engine are you going with?
62 belvedere.. i have a 85 LA roller block 318 i have ordered TF heads for and a RPM intake.. the plan of this moment is 318 for this year to get the car just on the road and next year make a 390 (car has been sitting since 1978 in a garage so i just want to iron everything out this year and stay motivated)

Honestly..i have also owned cars from 64 and up.. if i had known all the weird **** on a 62 i would have bought something else.. but i am in too deep now

P.S. going 318 for a few reasons... i have had 40+ mopars over the years but never a small block.. so i wanna play with it and i also wanna keep the pushbutton trans if i can. I'm not building a race car just something to beat the piss out of on the street for fun so should be fun.

62 belvedere.. i have a 85 LA roller block 318 i have ordered TF heads for and a RPM intake.. the plan of this moment is 318 for this year to get the car just on the road and next year make a 390 (car has been sitting since 1978 in a garage so i just want to iron everything out this year and stay motivated)

Honestly..i have also owned cars from 64 and up.. if i had known all the weird **** on a 62 i would have bought something else.. but i am in too deep now

P.S. going 318 for a few reasons... i have had 40+ mopars over the years but never a small block.. so i wanna play with it and i also wanna keep the pushbutton trans if i can. I'm not building a race car just something to beat the piss out of on the street for fun so should be fun.
Had to search that year of that model, pretty cool and I haven't seen many of them in my neck of the woods.

Had to search that model, pretty cool and I haven't seen many of them in my neck of the woods.
1 year only body style which means NO PARTS! WHOOO :) I got it from the original owned who is 88.. he parked it in 1978 when he got a new car and it just sat all this time.. no mouse nests and for a michigan car it's amazingly solid.. even the wiper fluid bag is still rubber and squishy which is insane. 318 poly that is locked from sitting and i just can't justify the money to fix that motor when i can do a LA way better for less.

At the time though i could have bought a 69 barracuda from cali with a locked 273 but i'm an idiot and overpayed for this car instead.. i am my own worst enemy :) Plus it was a notchback and they just don't work for me..
P.S. this is a pic used to sell me the car.... strategic and fucked me pretty well.. #1 rule.. never guy a car sight unseen... i broke the rule :)

signal-2022-06-02-134920_001.jpeg

I'm a spy.. i actually own a B-body.. but it's going with a small block... so i ended up here :)
No worries, i have a Fargo and a Studebaker. They still accept me here. The A-Bodys are on the way back burner.

ok.. almost done babbling.. I had to make lower quarters front/rear on both sides.. never done that before.. i'm stopping rust everywhere.. but the floor/frame are 99% perfect and the car was totally unmolested which is something i REALLY wanted.. everything i was looking at was super hacked up.. Ok.. now i'm done..
2022-08-11 19.23.43.jpg

1 year only body style which means NO PARTS! WHOOO :) I got it from the original owned who is 88.. he parked it in 1978 when he got a new car and it just sat all this time.. no mouse nests and for a michigan car it's amazingly solid.. even the wiper fluid bag is still rubber and squishy which is insane. 318 poly that is locked from sitting and i just can't justify the money to fix that motor when i can do a LA way better for less.

At the time though i could have bought a 69 barracuda from cali with a locked 273 but i'm an idiot and overpayed for this car instead.. i am my own worst enemy :) Plus it was a notchback and they just don't work for me..
P.S. this is a pic used to sell me the car.... strategic and fucked me pretty well.. #1 rule.. never guy a car sight unseen... i broke the rule :)

View attachment 1716047481

I like the notchbacks, and yes I have an A, B, C and a few forward cars but this site is the place to be

Well.. at this point i would LOVE to have gotten that notchback.. it would be nice to be able to buy parts, i can't even get seat covers.. when looking for a project i gave myself a limit of 10k to start with.. the notchback was 11.5.. i would have saved soo much money just spending more up front.. but it's a long term project, i'm not rushing anything and only working on it when i am in the mood.

View attachment 1716047481
I bought my Fargo after seeing one picture of it. Made a deal with delivery included.

CB77237E-6C51-4174-B966-7236F7968529.jpeg

I bought my Fargo after seeing one picture of it. Made a deal with delivery included.

View attachment 1716047485
Haha that's what i did.. i told the guy, deliver it and i won't even haggle price cause it looked so clean... the minute i saw it.. i was like.. oh ****.. i HATE body work soo much, i would rather rebuild trans all day then spread any filler..

But i did get new toys and learn new skills.. pretty happy with how the quarters came out, i did use the rear lips on the fenders to make the front lips on the quarters, those curves were too much for me to make (Car came with perfect arizona fenders)
2022-07-25 19.02.30.jpg

Switched to OJ and a couple of home made blue berry pancakes, wife is enjoying a restful morning in bed, so I took her a plate of hot hot cakes and I got a big smile, tomorrow is my 43rd Anniversary, I told her I was on a trial run this morning :thumbsup:

-
Back