Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well that led to a long rabbit hole of listening to the Femmes of Rock. Man they got talent. I think my favorite is the good the bad and the ugly cover. I mean what’s not to like? Super cute talented women in cowboy boots and hats rocking in the desert!
I didn't get past Comfortable Numb but she did a great job. Think about a violin. You can only play 2 strings at a time, A guitar only 6 and a piano or keyboard, up to 10. It's pretty hard to duplicate some of that music on another instrument. Good thing Gilmore only plays one note on most of his solos.

I didn't get past Comfortable Numb but she did a great job. Think about a violin. You can only play 2 strings at a time, A guitar only 6 and a piano or keyboard, up to 10. It's pretty hard to duplicate some of that music on another instrument. Good thing Gilmore only plays one note on most of his solos.
She rocks stairway soloas well but her whole band is with her on the good bad and ugly cover. Check it out

Ya know, there could be many OE superchargers waiting for resurrection in junk yards around the land
thinking-face.png Mercedes, Mini Cooper, Ferd, hmmmmm.

Morning, 12deg here but mid 40s later on. Going out later to look at some vehicles to replace the wife's Dakota.

Morning, 12deg here but mid 40s later on. Going out later to look at some vehicles to replace the wife's Dakota.
I miss dakotas.. i had 2 and loved em both, the new trucks are too big for no reason...

When I got my Hemi Express I was shoppin' the truck market and at the time the "mini" trucks on the market weren't very mini :realcrazy: There wasn't much of a cost saving either.
Yeah.. dakotas were the perfect size, kind of the size pickups used to be, not these massive things, some of the new GM stuff is just beyond stupid

Yeah.. dakotas were the perfect size, kind of the size pickups used to be, not these massive things, some of the new GM stuff is just beyond stupid
The "bigness" of the price tag is what's beyond stupid to me, 70k plus. If I ever got a pickup to replace my suburban I think I would miss the size, I've put a lot in the "cargo hold" of that thing. Think it would have to be an 8 foot bed, esp for use around the property.

The "bigness" of the price tag is what's beyond stupid to me, 70k plus. If I ever got a pickup to replace my suburban I think I would miss the size, I've put a lot in the "cargo hold" of that thing. Think it would have to be an 8 foot bed, esp for use around the property.
I will say.. i didn't miss having a truck til i got this car... now i see a engine cheap i can't just go get it.. not putting engines in my cherokee :)

I will say.. i didn't miss having a truck til i got this car... now i see a engine cheap i can't just go get it.. not putting engines in my cherokee :)
Yes there are limits, I have a 12X7 landscape trailer that sees more use than I'd like, also is a pain to maneuver sometimes where if I just backed a truck up to it I'd be good.

Think I'd restore an old truck before I would buy a new one. Might be tons cheaper and would be much happier knowing I can fix the old one when it breaks down.

Think I'd restore an old truck before I would buy a new one. Might be tons cheaper and would be much happier knowing I can fix the old one when it breaks down.
Makes sense to me. I swapped the engine out in my 89, put in a newer GM Goodwrench motor, just a couple of sensor changes but a guy could do it. HATE the idea of having to figure out the new "Smart" stuff lol!

Makes sense to me. I swapped the engine out in my 89, put in a newer GM Goodwrench motor, just a couple of sensor changes but a guy could do it. HATE the idea of having to figure out the new "Smart" stuff lol!
I'm no mechanic when it comes to figuring out all the new electronics and bad enough trying to climb in the engine bay trying to get to the sensors on the back of an engine.
I'm not getting any younger and won't be to many more years I won't be able to be a monkey and stand on my head even to change spark plugs on new cars.

Ya know, there could be many OE superchargers waiting for resurrection in junk yards around the land
View attachment 1716065447 Mercedes, Mini Cooper, Ferd, hmmmmm.
My thought is 1 smaller one would likely not flow enough for a bigger v8, so 2 may. But how do you use 2..superchargers? Long rams.... massive torque if it worked

Supposed to get to 55 here today, warmest day of the year I think. That equals 52 at the house, I'll take it : ) Whoa I just looked, make that 57, sorry Eric don't mean to gloat, want warmer for everyone, Frank especially.

Supposed to get to 55 here today, warmest day of the year I think. That equals 52 at the house, I'll take it : )
Nice, only bout 32 here today, back still fucked, might try to get this second frame connector in though.. tired of not getting anything done.

-
Back