Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Still looking at the family history this morning. When you have the upper echelon to work off of it's pretty easy. Look for the father's name goggle, save the info, next father's name goggle etc... Went back to 411 AD where it stops. I think sometime maybe on a cold winter day put it all together and give a copy to the kids.

Mercedes had or maybe still might have a blown 4 cylinder. Mini switched to turbos from the blower in '07 on the S models. Thunderbird Super Coupe was the blown 3.8 V6. Doesn't Ferd have a huffer on something they build today?

So buddy’s 4wd actuator is smoked. $700 for delco, 186 for some offshore brand. Delco is offshore anyway, so whatever works.

So buddy’s 4wd actuator is smoked. $700 for delco, 186 for some offshore brand. Delco is offshore anyway, so whatever works.
Push button 4wd? I can see that being convenient, but on the other hand when you really need it in some instances, electric circuits often have malfunctions :rolleyes:

Mercedes had or maybe still might have a blown 4 cylinder. Mini switched to turbos from the blower in '07 on the S models. Thunderbird Super Coupe was the blown 3.8 V6. Doesn't Ferd have a huffer on something they build today?
Gt500

Push button 4wd? I can see that being convenient, but on the other hand when you really need it in some instances, electric circuits often have malfunctions :rolleyes:
Ya, it has a knob. And a t-case control module. And a position sensor. Funny how moving a lever became so difficult that it had to be electronicified.

Think I'd restore an old truck before I would buy a new one. Might be tons cheaper and would be much happier knowing I can fix the old one when it breaks down.

I've been looking at late model used trucks... my Nissan is nice as a daily but is challenged with cargo space and heavy towing.

nc_ohc=TfdxZhWUWiUAX8zHi5D&_nc_ht=scontent.fhsv1-1.jpg

I've been looking at late model used trucks... my Nissan is nice as a daily but is challenged with cargo space and heavy towing.
Found a 48 ford 3/4 ton with a flat head V8 with no rust and runs and drives but the guy won't give me a price. Just setting out side the last 2 years and looks like it's gonna rot.

So. Trailer is not going to work out. Too much a pain getting ot in and out of truck. Outside CA I can easily double tow it. But not here. Need a doubles endorsement with a CDL. Pain

So. Trailer is not going to work out. Too much a pain getting ot in and out of truck. Outside CA I can easily double tow it. But not here. Need a doubles endorsement with a CDL. Pain
Not being Captain Obvious or anything but have you ever considered moving out of California and into the United States?

There used to be a length limit on that combo without a CDL . Sacramentoads probly saw $$$ attached to changing away from that.

There used to be a length limit on that combo without a CDL . Sacramentoads probly saw $$$ attached to changing away from that.
I have CDL. But the hoops to get double endorsement is a pain. Including a road test. With air brakes. Not exactly what I am trying to do....

Last edited:
I have CDL. But the hoops to get double endorsement is a pain. Including a read test. With air brakes. Not exactly what I am trying to do....
I too carry a class A CDL, but the hoops for pulling doubles or Hazmat are a pain for sure! This week I had a “city driver” refuse to cross bridge onto property, he thought he could not do it without going into ditch! I offered to pull the load across for him and also explained how to set up the approach but he was having none of it. As a result I unloaded 9 pallets of tiles aprox 20 K pounds out in the street. arghh! Keep in mind I typically had a crane attached to my truck! I was good up to 100k pounds. Anything over that and I had to recertify.

I too carry a class A CDL, but the hoops for pulling doubles or Hazmat are a pain for sure! This week I had a “city driver” refuse to cross bridge onto property, he thought he could not do it without going into ditch! I offered to pull the load across for him and also explained how to set up the approach but he was having none of it. As a result I unloaded 9 pallets of tiles aprox 20 K pounds out in the street. arghh! Keep in mind I typically had a crane attached to my truck! I was good up to 100k pounds. Anything over that and I had to recertify.
Had everything Doubles, triples, Hazardous and lost it all because I wouldn't get on meds for blood pressure and hearing. Done driving semi I'll work off the farm driving semi a few months out of the year but over the road sucks.

-
Back