Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So.. i picked out a howards cam for my 318....is there a better timing set to get? or just like a cloyes with multiple keyways?
Make damn sure You check the oiling holes on that camshaft to be sure they are drilled all the way through and they are the same diameter all the way through. I have a long story about Howard's camshaft. Ruined one engine because they didn't properly drill the holes correct. They replaced the camshaft and paid for parts to rebuild the engine again and it was fine after that. Just FYI

Make damn sure You check the oiling holes on that camshaft to be sure they are drilled all the way through and they are the same diameter all the way through. I have a long story about Howard's camshaft. Ruined one engine because they didn't properly drill the holes correct. They replaced the camshaft and paid for parts to rebuild the engine again and it was fine after that. Just FYI
Jesus.. i wouldn't have even thought of that.... i had a machine shop put my cam bearings in without lining up the oil holes.. then told me i spun the bearing installing the cam... like WTF yeah i was using a hammer and vice grips to put a cam in...
This is the cam i decided on

BTW for anyone that might know.. i have seen oil drippers for the timing chain or guys drilling a hole in the thrust plate.. is that needed? i don't recall seeing that on stock stuff ever.. not sure how bad that oiling is for the chain

BTW for anyone that might know.. i have seen oil drippers for the timing chain or guys drilling a hole in the thrust plate.. is that needed? i don't recall seeing that on stock stuff ever.. not sure how bad that oiling is for the chain
Not really needed. IMO.

Yeah, i saw they actually have a tensioner also which just seems like more **** to break.. i like simple
I put a tensioner on my double roller. Not necessary I don't feel. I would put a tensioner on a stock chain though. It might help at 80,000 miles. My 273 I built hasn't seen 10,000 miles yet.

Just another day on the balcony enjoying a daytime beverage. Zoom as you will...
IMG_20230401_120221043.jpg

No way! Man did that suck!

I had a roll of 11/32 Brake Booster hose a few years ago at Carlise sole it all $10 a foot in a day!.

-
Back