Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well I got the verdict on the Cummins head.

It’s not cracked but that’s where the good news ends.

Guides are shot, seats are shot. 700 bucks more for the rebuild. Gulp.

But better than 2500 for a new bare head

Well I got the verdict on the Cummins head.

It’s not cracked but that’s where the good news ends.

Guides are shot, seats are shot. 700 bucks more for the rebuild. Gulp.

But better than 2500 for a new bare head
But no idea what caused your original issue!

@memike and @toolmanmike What radiator did you go with on the 273 install?
HD AC-High Altitude Rad. 2524962
1965 Valiant Rad 2524962 Before01.jpg

I hate that...

"So, how do I avoid having this occur again?"

crickets....
He said after he cleaned the head up real good and such, and comparing it to the gasket, he says he thinks the gasket let go

2-3 weeks to get it back. Then I gotta save for new injectors, damn diesels are expensive.

Hey guys. So. Funny thing. For unknown reason my 408 has developed a acceleration bog off idle. Fully disassembled the carb. Cleaned. I never fine tuned this carb. Has orange cam. And unknown nozzle. Stamped 18. Holly start at 25. Hmmm. Any ideas? Runs great there then that. I did not really notice bog before rust issue...but I really never looked. I was driving pretty easy

I got a new starter relay and it is different from the one on the car now. It is missing a blade, where this blue wire is connected and then connected on the wheel well. Do I not need this on the new one? Thanks

IMG_7598edited.JPG

I got a new starter relay and it is different from the one on the car now. It is missing a blade, where this blue wire is connected and then connected on the wheel well. Do I not need this on the new one? Thanks

View attachment 1716085649
343633335_260413303016975_3485858812697945225_n.jpg
The top one is battery , middle one is sol The one on bottom left is I for ignition and the one on bottom right is g for ground . I would think you need the ground .Hope it helps !

-
Back