Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@Stephen Hotz here is the seven fiddy all cleaned and kitted ready to go on Gladys.
SEVEN FIDDY 3.JPG

@Stephen Hotz here is the seven fiddy all cleaned and kitted ready to go on Gladys.
View attachment 1716101697
I have a 1406 on my motorhome 360 in the Fargo. Doesent perform nearly as well as the thermoquad that caught fire. I did put in stiffer step-up springs, so part throttle bog is gone. Only useable parts in the chinee tuning kit.

I have a 1406 on my motorhome 360 in the Fargo. Doesent perform nearly as well as the thermoquad that caught fire. I did put in stiffer step-up springs, so part throttle bog is gone. Only useable parts in the chinee tuning kit.
This one has the lightest springs since Gladys only has about 5hg at idle. lol

Is there an exhaust manifold sequence for V8s (particularly the LA 360) ? Service manual only indicates torque specs for bolts....
"Tighten the manifold-to-head nuts. Start at the center and work outward to snug, then go back and torque the three intake-to-exhaust bolts to 22 foot pounds. Now go back and torque the head fasteners to 10-12 foot pounds of torque, again from the center outward." And I agree, I used inch lb torque wrench for the same reason :thumbsup:

Is there an exhaust manifold sequence for V8s (particularly the LA 360) ? Service manual only indicates torque specs for bolts....
As he said, start in the center and work out. Top, bottom, top, bottom etc until you get them all snugged. This is what I’ve done for 20 years and never had a leaking one yet

Morning!
Another rough night. Nothing is helping. Takes a few days for meds to kick in.
Must go and do something in shop,need to do something.

-
Back