Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
High note, got power wagon running. Son will be dragging the diesel chassis over in august.

You would not believe the trials and tribulations I have been going through over the past few weeks and months dealing with my Vietnamese family who does not understand America. I know many of you have much worse problems with health and loved ones hurting or having health issues. My latest episode today. I had to take them to the local bank to exchange all the fives tens and twenties they had because they wanted brand new $100 bills to take back to Vietnam. They almost laughed me out of the bank. So then I drive them all three, wife, daughter, baby, 6 suitcases total to Dullus Int Airport.Thats about an hour and a half away from my house, with traffic. Couldn't even fit them all in the trunk of my full size Cadillac. The wife is helping the daughter get the baby back to Vietnam so she can have the baby meet the father. I got no problem with that. Wife is coming back on the 8th of August. I know this, because I already paid for the airfare. I get to Dulles airport today get them unloaded. When I leave there I'm smelling gas. I've had to fix a fuel line near the fuel tank on my Cadillac before because of the squirrels eating through the plastic or the rubber. So I know that's the issue. I get off the Dulles toll road and off to the Washington beltway and the car runs out of gas. I knew it would, I just didn't know when. I was on an off-ramp to a road in Northern Virginia. Tried to hitchhike to a gas station that I googled on my phone but as you all know nobody picks up hitchhikers anymore. So I walk 2 miles to the gas station. It's a Latino run station, the guy speaks pretty good English. I explain to him my problem. I explained to him I knew what the issue was. Asked him for a gas can so I could go put enough gas in the car to get it back to the station so we could get a look under it. I'm about 30 miles away from my house at this point. He doesn't have a can big enough. So I walk next door to the convenience store and buy a new 5 gallon can for $38 !!!!. So I fill the can up right there at their service station. The guy was kind enough to have somebody drive me back to the car to fill it. I dump 5 gallons in the car. And I was able to drive it almost 2 mi to back to his station before it ran out again. Yes, a severe leak. How to put gas in the tank again before I could actually start it and get it inside to his shop to get it up on the lift. Sure enough I nailed it. I knew what was wrong. He had to order some hose cuz he didn't have it. Waited an hour and a half of that. Hose came he installed it on the car. Only charged me 50 bucks for his time and effort which was very kind since I think he knew what kind of pain I was having. Lol. Never got home this afternoon till 4:00 p.m. now I'm going to have six or more cold beers.... As most of you know I am a Christian. I am positive that God is testing me to see if I have the patience of Job. Lol
:mob::wtf:

Morning all !
You guys sure make that car in your Avatar really look good.:thumbsup:
Yes, that's a very nice car. Here are the other pics. One of them is Chin trying to figure out how to get out of the car. Lol.
PXL_20230716_115043486.jpg

PXL_20230716_115144252.jpg

PXL_20230716_115048277.jpg

PXL_20230713_120440251.jpg

PXL_20230713_114237078.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Morning Y'all

Managed to get 2/3 of the lawn mowed and weeds pulled last night. Had some rain roll through with a nice temperature drop on the back side of the front. Any time I can have the A/C off and windows open I'll take.

Wiring harness shipped and should be here by Monday. I have a target timeline to get moving on the prep work.

Morning all...
It's the morning after a double hitter with the softball team last night. It was hot and humid but we won both games. Second game I was running into second base and the guy waiting for the throw blocking the base. A big collision occurs and we both hit the ground. He drops the ball but I'm able to roll over and grab the base with one hand. What a play even the skinned-up knees and elbow.

Exciting day for us we're going to Kansas City this afternoon. Tonight, we have tickets to the Foreigner/Loverboy concert!! An outdoor venue that will be fun.

Morning movers and shakers. Plan of the day Civil War museum, see wtf is up with the mower deck and mow, mow, mow!

-
Back