Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I work with variable displacement engines all the time. Unexpected self disassembly - self identifying engines. In today's world it is hard when engines want to be something else....V12 self identifies as a V10 or even V8? Maybe a V10 identifies as a V6 like the other day. My Diversity and Inclusion training says it is ok, and we need to be accepting....
:lol: All inclusive

It’s actually interesting. They use electronic controlled valves to reduce the oil pressure to the hydraulic lifters on 4 cylinders within milliseconds. While also shutting off fuel and spark.
It's actually a disaster. Google GM AFM (Active Fuel Management) current Billion $ class action suit against GM for fatal engine damage. What is going on in these engines is negligent and borders on the criminal. It is all about C.A.F.E. and corporate accountants. The engineers warned them.

Cylinder shut down for modern GM V8's can be defeated with a Holley "Range Tech" device that plugs into the OBD port. If your engine is still running well do it NOW. My 2013 Sierra 5.3 with a Range Tech stays in V8 mode full time and will enjoy a long life running as it is supposed to.

Chrysler (MDS) and the Ford Coyote V8 as of 2021 (also disasters) require a "defeat Kit" that is a lot more expensive (cam/lifters/labor). A RAM Hemi with an aftermarket performance exhaust system in V4 mode sounds like a Honda with a fart can. Owners are removing and back to stock. Still an issue but not so annoying. MDS is also the a likely cause of the "Hemi Tick".

Even the HP C8 Corvettes have cylinder shut down. Ridiculous but it can be defeated in one drives in Sport Mode all the time. Otherwise.......... buy a Range Tech device from Holley. The best $250 you will ever spend.

Fuel mileage savings with cylinder deactivation are pretty much a myth.

Well day four resting the back and it feel better every day. I tweaked it Sunday moving the car trailer with the trailer dolly...darn trailer is gone sold it that day which is why I was moving it. Tuesday went to the chiropractor and got a dry meddle treatment takes two minutes and like instant relief. I've done it before he sticks a few needles in the treatment area and then gives a low volt dose for a couple minutes to loosen up the tight muscles. Did it last year when I popped my hamstring playing softball works great!! Now just popping ibuprofen and putting heat on it. Think tomorrow I'll go out and take some swings and see how it feels. I hate sitting around I've watched more tv in the last few days then I have in a few months. I'm not one who gets hurt so it's tough.

I work with variable displacement engines all the time. Unexpected self disassembly - self identifying engines. In today's world it is hard when engines want to be something else....V12 self identifies as a V10 or even V8? Maybe a V10 identifies as a V6 like the other day. My Diversity and Inclusion training says it is ok, and we need to be accepting....
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

When does the heat break for you guys that are in the triple digits? Is there any end in sight?

Speaking of engines, a coworker came through the other day with a set of heads for our QC4V which is a 9L dual overhead cam, 4 valve per cylinder twin turbo monster that can be tuned to 1650hp. I have never had a set of heads here by me for that one. My gosh, the ports are massive! I think I could put my arm in them. Crazy!

:rofl:

When does the heat break for you guys that are in the triple digits? Is there any end in sight?
It is supposed to get a bit cooler here tomorrow night. It's 92° here with a feels like of 102°. The humidity is 55% but it's still sticky out there. It's cloudy here so that keeps the house cooler. At least the A/C is cycling.

It's actually a disaster. Google GM AFM (Active Fuel Management) current Billion $ class action suit against GM for fatal engine damage. What is going on in these engines is negligent and borders on the criminal. It is all about C.A.F.E. and corporate accountants. The engineers warned them.

Cylinder shut down for modern GM V8's can be defeated with a Holley "Range Tech" device that plugs into the OBD port. If your engine is still running well do it NOW. My 2013 Sierra 5.3 with a Range Tech stays in V8 mode full time and will enjoy a long life running as it is supposed to.

Chrysler (MDS) and the Ford Coyote V8 as of 2021 (also disasters) require a "defeat Kit" that is a lot more expensive (cam/lifters/labor). A RAM Hemi with an aftermarket performance exhaust system in V4 mode sounds like a Honda with a fart can. Owners are removing and back to stock. Still an issue but not so annoying. MDS is also the a likely cause of the "Hemi Tick".

Even the HP C8 Corvettes have cylinder shut down. Ridiculous but it can be defeated in one drives in Sport Mode all the time. Otherwise.......... buy a Range Tech device from Holley. The best $250 you will ever spend.

Thanks for the input on that I expected it wasn't a good idea.

It is supposed to get a bit cooler here tomorrow night. It's 92° here with a feels like of 102°. The humidity is 55% but it's still sticky out there. It's cloudy here so that keeps the house cooler. At least the A/C is cycling.
Well hopefully you get some relief. It’s 88 here with a real feel of 91 so I’m not going to complain. It’s supposed to break here I was wondering if you guys were going to get relief as well

We are at 85° heat index of 99° with a high of 92°. The air is so thick out there can't hardly breathe.

I am looking forward to the Alaska trip in a few weeks! Hasn't barely been in the 70's all summer, according to my brother. Gosh that will be nice!

Completely agree. Which is why Chrysler stopped it. That and the massive number of warranty claims

Next Wednesday will be our last day in the triples a 10-day stretch. I'll hate to see the water bill.
Thankfully I have a well. Watering the garden every night. The other day the sprinkler was left on all night! oops. Very glad I don't have city water $$$

water bills suck :( Mine is upwards of $35 for 2 months now :(
I water two plus acres and floor beds and only when I have too. June was hot and short on rain, so my water bill was $485. :mad:

I am looking forward to the Alaska trip in a few weeks! Hasn't barely been in the 70's all summer, according to my brother. Gosh that will be nice!
I’d love to live in Alaska I just don’t think I would fair well in the dark winter. It looks so beautiful and the fishing would be amazing

Thankfully I have a well. Watering the garden every night. The other day the sprinkler was left on all night! oops. Very glad I don't have city water $$$
We've thought about a well but it's only a couple months we need to water.

I’d love to live in Alaska I just don’t think I would fair well in the dark winter. It looks so beautiful and the fishing would be amazing
The dark winter isn't what people make it out to be - nor is the all daylight summer. Most is usually up to 20hrs of daylight - or darkness. I think of the darkness as, it is dark when I go to work and damn near dark on my way home in the winter here now. So, other than the weekend, it wouldn't be much different - for me. You have to go to the top of the state, like Prudhoe Bay (just an example) to have 3 months of solid dark and solid light.

-
Back