Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
This was my evening, Installed a dual steering stabilizer in place of the OEM single stabilizer. OEM one was just a year old but blew out and was worthless. Every bump I hit, the steering will would jerk, now, not at all. Heavy duty as heck. Steel shock body instead of own plastic. That was the last piece of the front suspension I hadn’t upgraded yet and it’s made a huge difference. Tomorrow, an adjustable rear panhard bar to bring my rear axle back to center.

IMG_4303.jpeg

This was my evening, Installed a dual steering stabilizer in place of the OEM single stabilizer. OEM one was just a year old but blew out and was worthless. Every bump I hit, the steering will would jerk, now, not at all. Heavy duty as heck. Steel shock body instead of own plastic. That was the last piece of the front suspension I hadn’t upgraded yet and it’s made a huge difference. Tomorrow, an adjustable rear panhard bar to bring my rear axle back to center.

View attachment 1716243541
Sweet. Been years since I had a jeep but Skyjacker made good ****.

Do you think that would help on my new to me camper van? When the wind is blowing it is hard to keep on the road

Sweet. Been years since I had a jeep but Skyjacker made good ****.
They really missed an opportunity with the Jeep stuff. They were very slow to add Jeeps to their portfolio and stuck with trucks only. They’re not the most popular cause of that but still American made and they standby their stuff when there is a problem. They warrantied my front track bar after it went out after 8 months. No questioned asked and even paid shipping to return the original

Do you think that would help on my new to me camper van? When the wind is blowing it is hard to keep on the road
It’s a must have for a straight axle truck. It is noticeable.

Some people use it as a bandaid for worn ball joints and such which decreases the life for both. But if your suspension is in good shape, it’ll help a TON

The suspension is pretty much new and when no to low wind it is fine but when it is windy out it is time to hold on. It is pretty high

I wouldn't need to get a room but I wonder if there is a place to park it and camp there

I wouldn't need to get a room but I wonder if there is a place to park it and camp there
Not sure but I think so. Not like Carlile show not as packed with campers from what I've seen. Only been there twice but pretty mellow when I've been there.

My parents had something similar and no, there’s really not much a steering stabilizer will do on that since it’s not got a solid axle under the front. Not sure if they make them for 2wd. On a solid axle, there is a bracket on the axle and then in the tierod link.then it uses a shock or two to dampen road vibrations.

If it’s swaying as bad as it sounds, I’d check the rear sway bar, should have one factory in that year. I’d bet the bushings are wore out.

Good Evening All! Had a load of gravel delivered today, kid wasn't an experienced driver and took out my mailbox. He's at Home Depot now buying the stuff to put it back together, I told him if he digs up the old post and brings a new pressure treated one and two bags of quick crete we'll call it good. He told me, "bad news, I smoked your mailbox" lol!

IMG_1579.jpeg

IMG_1580.jpeg

IMG_1581.jpeg

Good Evening All! Had a load of gravel delivered today, kid wasn't an experienced driver and took out my mailbox. He's at Home Depot now buying the stuff to put it back together, I told him if he digs up the old post and brings a new pressure treated one and two bags of quick crete we'll call it good. He told me, "bad news, I smoked your mailbox" lol!

View attachment 1716243568

View attachment 1716243569

View attachment 1716243570
****, a few years back I had this old guy, golf buddy of mine meet me at my house. He took out my mailbox with his car, making the turn into my driveway. What a dim wit.. :mob: :mad:

View attachment 1716243568

View attachment 1716243569

View attachment 1716243570
Mail man is not going to like getting on his knees to deliver your mail in the morning.

-
Back