Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning fellers and fellet, got a little rain last night, nothing like TMM is getting. Folks are coming to fix the roof of my shop this morning, microburst lifted the ridge vent. Just drinking some coffee waiting for them to show up.

Got a pm this morning from Wolfie’s brother. His brother is a hoot. Still traveling the country buying up all the beer he can. Especially that one that was allegedly canceled during Covid that later wasn’t.

I went for a few groceries hoping to miss the rain. Well I pushed my luck and as I was checking out in Wal Mart I heard it just pouring on the roof of the building. I looked at the radar and no breaks in the action for a while, so I got drenched. No shower needed now!! :BangHead: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Too weird!
Got a little flier in my mailbox yesterday.
1716309133605.png

Yup. Mailorder Weed :lol: :wtf::realcrazy::lol:

Propane delivery ordered up. $4.929 per gallon. Yikes

Did see that out on the interstate, Automotive Diesel was actually cheaper than Regular Unleaded

Watching a movie called "Last stop in Yuma County" and it's pretty ****... bout half way through one of the people shows up in a beatup 65 barracuda :)

One of my boys is here with his family from Missouri and having a great visit. Busy for sure.

Must not comment must not comment must not comment
Because I am in a mood, I will. So, diesel is a byproduct of gasoline production. It was near free to make until Ultra Low Sulfur mandate. It was cheap. The big oil decided to charge per BTU, that is why diesel got so expensive. So, if fuel is BTU driven pricing, why is mid grade and premium more expensive, excessively so? There is no more BTU that regular gas, just higher octane which is just the resistance to detonation. They just get to screw everyone both ways. Rant done.

Because I am in a mood, I will. So, diesel is a byproduct of gasoline production. It was near free to make until Ultra Low Sulfur mandate. It was cheap. The big oil decided to charge per BTU, that is why diesel got so expensive. So, if fuel is BTU driven pricing, why is mid grade and premium more expensive, excessively so? There is no more BTU that regular gas, just higher octane which is just the resistance to detonation. They just get to screw everyone both ways. Rant done.
Rant on Eric people need to know.

Well said and no mention about anything or anyone in DC. Gas and diesel come out of the same barrel of crude.
Here’s what just one barrel of crude oil can produce:

• Enough liquefied gases (such as propane) to fill 12 small (14.1 ounce) cylinders for home, camping or workshop use.
  • Enough gasoline to drive a medium-sized car (17 miles per gallon) over 280 miles.
  • Asphalt to make about one gallon of tar for patching roofs or streets.
  • Lubricants to make about a quart of motor oil.
  • Enough distillate fuel to drive a large truck (five miles per gallon) for almost 40 miles. If jet fuel fraction is included, that same truck can run nearly 50 miles.
  • Nearly 70 kilowatt hours of electricity at a power plant generated by residual fuel.
  • About four pounds of charcoal briquettes.
  • Wax for 170 birthday candles or 27 wax crayons.

Looks like the old truck isn't going to make it to MITP this year. I have no trailer or anyone to haul it there. My kids job put a stop to it.

Well said and no mention about anything or anyone in DC. Gas and diesel come out of the same barrel of crude.
Here’s what just one barrel of crude oil can produce:

• Enough liquefied gases (such as propane) to fill 12 small (14.1 ounce) cylinders for home, camping or workshop use.
  • Enough gasoline to drive a medium-sized car (17 miles per gallon) over 280 miles.
  • Asphalt to make about one gallon of tar for patching roofs or streets.
  • Lubricants to make about a quart of motor oil.
  • Enough distillate fuel to drive a large truck (five miles per gallon) for almost 40 miles. If jet fuel fraction is included, that same truck can run nearly 50 miles.
  • Nearly 70 kilowatt hours of electricity at a power plant generated by residual fuel.
  • About four pounds of charcoal briquettes.
  • Wax for 170 birthday candles or 27 wax crayons.
Well said Mike.

-
Back