Stop in for a drink.

-
Just relaxing with a cold beer and doodling with my digital crayons while dreaming of being on a nice beach somewhere with a different beverage...

56374CE8-DF37-4018-82BE-F3A3F302232B.jpeg

Start out heating a gallon of water to about a hundred and sixty degrees and then you dumped in the two pounds of malt and wheat and let it steep for 45 minutes between 148 degrees and 152 degrees. That's the tricky part. After that's done you run a half gallon of 150 degree water through the bag that holds the grain to sparge it and remove all of the starches and sugars. Then heat the mixture back up to low rolling boil an ad the liquid malt extract and then heat it back up to a low rolling boil again. Then you add the first pops and boil it for 40 minutes. Then you add the 2 lb of the dry malt extract in the spice pack and boil that for 10 minutes and then you add the last 1 oz of hops and boil for five minutes. Then you turn it off and cool it 2 yeast pitching temperature which is usually around 70 to 80 degrees add enough water to bring it up to the five gallon mark and then sprinkle the yeast on top and let it ferment for two or three days or longer. When it is done fermenting, you add priming sugar (for carbonation) and let it sit and get happy for a few weeks. Then let it sit in a frig for a few days before drinking.

20200228_162531.jpg

20200228_162535.jpg

20200228_174659.jpg

Well, my imaginary pineapple drink at the beach was tasty...but my imaginary bartender suggested I try the mixed tropical fruit one. Sure! Why not?

24710EA0-43EC-42E4-853F-A812CE645FC3.jpeg

Start out heating a gallon of water to about a hundred and sixty degrees and then you dumped in the two pounds of malt and wheat and let it steep for 45 minutes between 148 degrees and 152 degrees. That's the tricky part. After that's done you run a half gallon of 150 degree water through the bag that holds the grain to sparge it and remove all of the starches and sugars. Then heat the mixture back up to low rolling boil an ad the liquid malt extract and then heat it back up to a low rolling boil again. Then you add the first pops and boil it for 40 minutes. Then you add the 2 lb of the dry malt extract in the spice pack and boil that for 10 minutes and then you add the last 1 oz of hops and boil for five minutes. Then you turn it off and cool it 2 yeast pitching temperature which is usually around 70 to 80 degrees add enough water to bring it up to the five gallon mark and then sprinkle the yeast on top and let it ferment for two or three days or longer. When it is done fermenting, you add priming sugar (for carbonation) and let it sit and get happy for a few weeks. Then let it sit in a frig for a few days before drinking.

View attachment 1715478631

View attachment 1715478632

View attachment 1715478633
Sounds good Mike.

My wife took my daughter to an intra-team swim team practice meet (State finals are soon so they are getting ready). That leaves me alone at home with cold beer and my digital crayons.

Never can tell what I might come up with next!

:lol:

I just added the last hops. It will get happy for 10 min. Then I will cool it with my home made wort chiller. I wish you guys could smell this it smells heavenly down here

I just added the last hops. It will get happy for 10 min. Then I will cool it with my home made wort chiller. I wish you guys could smell this it smells heavenly down here
Down where?

Never mind, not sure I want to know what you are smelling down there!

Wife and daughter just got home. Time to pretend to be a responsible adult again!

Wife and daughter just got home. Time to pretend to be a responsible adult again!
Naw you don't have to David just smile and have another beer.
I been there and sleeping on the couch because you pissed the misses off relay isn't that bad once you get use to it.:)

Naw you don't have to David just smile and have another beer.
I been there and sleeping on the couch because you pissed the misses off relay isn't that bad once you get use to it.:)
Well, I only have to seem responsible for a little while before slipping out to the garage to enjoy a few more cold ones.

I never have to worry about sleeping on the couch...We have 4 bedrooms!

:lol:

Hey Fred, I was wondering...how did the boys like the plane paint idea?

Hey Fred, I was wondering...how did the boys like the plane paint idea?
They will be here tomorrow and will show them the pictures you made. I am bad at trying to copy and send I guess I am to old or could blame it on my computer for being to old. lol

They will be here tomorrow and will show them the pictures you made. I am bad at trying to copy and send I guess I am to old or could blame it on my computer for being to old. lol
Gotcha! I will be interested to hear what they think.

Cooled the wort and pitched the yeast. In a day or two I will post a shot of the airlock going crazy.

20200228_191338.jpg

-
Back