Stop in for a drink.

-
I tried to convince my wife that since this may be the last storm of the season and I should celebrate and drink beer and sit by the fire all through it...

Ummm...no.

All I got was “The look”.

:rofl:

Black Velvet is made here in town, I love driving by the distillery when the aroma of alcohol is in the air. Even better when I go there for to pick up a few pallets of whisky. I'm amazed when I look around the warehouse and see pallets stacked 30 feet high.
That's a cool story. I drank Black velvet for decades. First with Squirt (sour) and then with 7 up. (or Sprite) I have graduated after joining the whiskey tasting group and enjoying a little nose and taste of some nice bourbon, Irish, single malt, or even a easy sipping scotch. I have started a little collection. I have turned it into a tasting game. A shot can last over a hour if you savor the flavor.

2.8.21.jpg

Black Velvet is made here in town, I love driving by the distillery when the aroma of alcohol is in the air. Even better when I go there to pick up a few pallets of whisky. I'm amazed when I look around the warehouse and see pallets stacked 30 feet high.
Pallets ??? I need to come over and try a few pallets out. lol

That's a cool story. I drank Black velvet for decades. First with Squirt (sour) and then with 7 up. (or Sprite) I have graduated after joining the whiskey tasting group and enjoying a little nose and taste of some nice bourbon, Irish, single malt, or even a easy sipping scotch. I have started a little collection. I have turned it into a tasting game. A shot can last over a hour if you savor the flavor.

View attachment 1715692053
Looking over the bottles you have the only one I have is the Glen Fargo and that's good.

I might get invited to help: my buddy Ted got asked to host a whisky tasting for his investment guy. He want's to have a customer appreciation celebration get together. The guy doesn't know anything about spirits. He drinks Bud and an occasional shot of schnapps or tequila. LOL

I might get invited to help: my buddy Ted got asked to host a whisky tasting for his investment guy. He want's to have a customer appreciation celebration get together. The guy doesn't know anything about spirits. He drinks Bud and an occasional shot of schnapps or tequila. LOL
I can wash a mean glass if you need a minion! You guys going on world tour or staying in North America?

Another day of clearing off 6” of heavy wet snow and ice. I’m beat.

Time for a few beers to soothe my aching back. Cheers!

C4407A1C-9367-4CC0-A511-587FB86453AA.jpeg

A261D3A5-2468-4CEC-AECF-06A6DA67C82A.jpeg

Raising a toast and tipping my glass in hopes that this is the last time I have to shovel snow this season. Weather patterns are supposed to become more seasonal next week with daily high temps around 50*. I can only hope they are right...

Raising a toast and tipping my glass in hopes that this is the last time I have to shovel snow this season. Weather patterns are supposed to become more seasonal next week with daily high temps around 50*. I can only hope they are right...
A little colder here but the same, I'm tired of 30 below.
We are at 8* right now and Sunday will be about 40* YA HOO....

Yo TMM,
I know you have been on a Rye kick here lately, we tried this one in the shop yesterday. Full confession I remember it was smooth and did not bite on front end but frankly by the time we got to it my palette was shall we say compromised. I just remember it got a super thumbs up from all participants. One of which is a genuine Rye guy. Me not so much. I think you and Ted would like it. From a local Minnesota distillery. Roknar.
4653DD84-AB5D-4DB7-978F-D8A70EE556CF.jpeg

Yo TMM,
I know you have been on a Rye kick here lately, we tried this one in the shop yesterday. Full confession I remember it was smooth and did not bite on front end but frankly by the time we got to it my palette was shall we say compromised. I just remember it got a super thumbs up from all participants. One of which is a genuine Rye guy. Me not so much. I think you and Ted would like it. From a local Minnesota distillery. Roknar.View attachment 1715693306
Looks interesting. I see it's a wine cask finish. Those are a bit different. I can order that through Ace.

Figures. After all that work yesterday clearing off the snow, we got 1/4” of ice and an inch of snow/sleet this morning. I had to use one of my last two 10lb containers of calcium chloride to melt the ice so I could shovel off the rest.

Now I really hope this was the last snowstorm of the season...

Beer time!

Figures. After all that work yesterday clearing off the snow, we got 1/4” of ice and an inch of snow/sleet this morning. I had to use one of my last two 10lb containers of calcium chloride to melt the ice so I could shovel off the rest.

Now I really hope this was the last snowstorm of the season...

Beer time!
I only got a small are cleared in front of the garage. Said F it and went to work. I'd just let it go till it melts next week, but there is a chance of more snow before that. My snowblower doesn't work near as good if it can't get to the bare concrete. Will try to get some more done tomorrow

Ok my whiskey affection-ado friends I am preparing for a “Malt” whiskey tasting out in the shop for a small group of buddies. My theme is North America compared to Scotland. Pictured are my choices as I am not going to buy anything special just sample out of my own stash. The North American selections are straight forward as I only have three. Glen Fargo, Woodford Reserve and Cut Spike. My Scotland selection is a bit more difficult. If you could pick only three to sample in comparison to the NA flight, of the ones pictured which would you select to present at the tasting. Per TMM advice I have some small plastic tasters cups and bland non gluten crackers for washing palettes plus water of course. I will do some research and provide some distillery history for each prior to sampling. And yes I will be using note cards!

A458168D-044E-401F-A03B-34860B727AFF.jpeg

Ok my whiskey affection-ado friends I am preparing for a “Malt” whiskey tasting out in the shop for a small group of buddies. My theme is North America compared to Scotland. Pictured are my choices as I am not going to buy anything special just sample out of my own stash. The North American selections are straight forward as I only have three. Glen Fargo, Woodford Reserve and Cut Spike. My Scotland selection is a bit more difficult. If you could pick only three to sample in comparison to the NA flight, of the ones pictured which would you select to present at the tasting. Per TMM advice I have some small plastic tasters cups and bland non gluten crackers for washing palettes plus water of course. I will do some research and provide some distillery history for each prior to sampling. And yes I will be using note cards!

View attachment 1715693974

You get a kick out of this :lol: new reason to go grocery shopping.

ammobin.jpg

I tried to convince my wife that since this may be the last storm of the season and I should celebrate and drink beer and sit by the fire all through it...

Ummm...no.

All I got was “The look”.

:rofl:

My old lady left this morning with our daughter, headed to her parents for the day since our power is out and we have no heat. Figured that's good timing so I got myself some PBR and I'm enjoying time alone in the garage.

-
Back